DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal problem

Andrejs

Reactions
I got problem with gimbal 2 or 3 weeks ago. When I start flying forward I have problem with gimbal position. It shocking little bit lower by instant movement. Also when I flying side or rotate drone it loose horizon. Sometimes it coming back, sometimes not. It happens all the time when I flying in sport mode. Sometimes in normal mode.
Wrote to support. Waiting answer. A lot of calibrations not helped and didn't had crashes.

Here I made example shot with problem (not looking in freaking colours :) )

Hello, a had a very simillar problem. Try switching portrait mode and back on the ground and look at gimbal, if it turns smoothely.
Finally I found, that my problem was in small black cover under objective. It was not in place and touched rotating movements, so friction was too high to allow move gimbal roll smoothely. I repaired it by myself just pressing the cover. It made a 'click' and the cover is in place now. May be somebody made a mistake in factory. I made a photo documentation of this issue too, so I can upload it later, I am not at my PC right now.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I found it inside my share gallery! So here it is, make inspection, may be that you have the same problem ;-)

Photos on the top - before fix
Photos on the bottom - after fix
b51551904685a04fc39c31e29828a56e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots