DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Rotation

ayoslick

Reactions
I crashed my mavic the other day unfortunately and now I keep getting a *Gimbal Obstructed* error. I've tried to do all calibrations, factory resets. And firmware updates but I have not had any luck.

In this short video you'll notice I move the gimbal up and down vertically. Before it would not do so until I had to force it and push it back. When I flip the Mavic onto its back you'll notice that the camera is not rotating correctly (or so I think) because it keeps getting stuck. Can you guys verify for me to see if yours rotates all the way to the edges or if this is normal.

* You'll hear the lock ticking noise.

I want to try and fix this myself before I choose to send it in for repairs.

Can you do another video? Front view of Mavic, power it on, leave video running for at least 30 seconds, get close enough so sounds are audible. That will tell alot.

Can you do another video? Front view of Mavic, power it on, leave video running for at least 30 seconds, get close enough so sounds are audible. That will tell alot.

I'd put some commentary to explain what I think the issue is but I'm currently at work. So sorry for this misinformation.

As you can see in the video though, it's not rotating right or left..And towards the end of the video it doesn't go beyond that point. I wonder if other Gimbals are like that as well..

I want to try and fix it once more today if not, I'm shipping it to DJI as I got my shipping label today.

Roll travel limit is normal, but your gimbal not yawing on init means either you've got broken connections or sensing that killed yaw.
Service time.

Same probs. Ordered a gimbal cable from Fstop and threw it in tonight. Intricate but not impossoble. Hot glue and patience with the connectors ;)

a7b9c060747b195d1b1c42afce897fb4.jpg
dc24e8e710bf3cc94ac2993f4855175f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan