DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 3 Pro -- Gimbal Stuck (Error 40002)

judahorion

Reactions
Hoping someone might have an answer for me. I am in the process of repairing a Mavic Mini 3 Pro that is displaying the Gimbal Stuck error 40002. Upon boot up, the gimbal moves and the camera twitches to align itself center, but calibration will not pass 0%. I have disassembled, blown out with an aircompressor, and re-greased the rotational arms as well as the rotational thing behind the camera and under the camera, but the error persisted. I had some spare parts here in my shop and so I replaced the back rotational thing behind the camera and the rotational thing on one of the arms, but the error persisted. Does anyone know if the cable can cause something like this?

A lot of times it is not the Gimbal but the ESC module that can also cause the Gimbal to be comprimised if the drone ever got wet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Try This:
  1. Turn on the aircraft- without -the remote controller.
  2. As the aircraft starts, carefully watch the gimble. help the gimbal and camera get unstuck by gently tapping it around in spots where it may have trouble.
  3. Now once the gimble can start up by itself with no errors pick up the drone and move it around while Watching the Gimble --If it moves freely and compensates for the drones movement, then and only then start the drone with the controller on.
  4. If the error appears once the controller is on you have either a controller issue or an ESC issue. either way the cheapest fix for you would be to send it to DJI (even if it wasn't under warranty thats probably still the cheapest way). Gimble issues can sometimes be tricky as PHantomrain.org stated it might not be the gimble at all.

Try This:
  1. Turn on the aircraft- without -the remote controller.
  2. As the aircraft starts, carefully watch the gimble. help the gimbal and camera get unstuck by gently tapping it around in spots where it may have trouble.
  3. Now once the gimble can start up by itself with no errors pick up the drone and move it around while Watching the Gimble --If it moves freely and compensates for the drones movement, then and only then start the drone with the controller on.
  4. If the error appears once the controller is on you have either a controller issue or an ESC issue. either way the cheapest fix for you would be to send it to DJI (even if it wasn't under warranty thats probably still the cheapest way). Gimble issues can sometimes be tricky as PHantomrain.org stated it might not be the gimble at all.
The gimbal appears to twitch when first turning on, but does not follow me when i rotate or move the drone. I have tried tapping it. It does not feel stuck. This is a client drone -- I work in a repair center, and he ideally does not want to send to DJI. The ESC module appears to be around $50 online.

Reactions: mike212175
Welcome !! and I myself am a fledgling drone maker, So you might have a better Idea of finding cheaper components. Unfortunately when it comes to gimble repairs I have learned from many, that they are in no way repairman friendly and once you purchase the parts and put it all together What you end up having to charge the customer will only save the guy next to nothing and shift any "warranty" burden to you. I would pull your customer aside and nicely tell him that by the time you trouble shoot the problem you will have pretty much repurchased every component and it is in their best interest to let the Manufacturer fix the Gimble in this way any future problems can be covered by DJI. My two cents.

Welcome !! and I myself am a fledgling drone maker, So you might have a better Idea of finding cheaper components. Unfortunately when it comes to gimble repairs I have learned from many, that they are in no way repairman friendly and once you purchase the parts and put it all together What you end up having to charge the customer will only save the guy next to nothing and shift any "warranty" burden to you. I would pull your customer aside and nicely tell him that by the time you trouble shoot it you will have pretty much repurchased every component and it is in their best interest to let the Manufacturer fix the Gimble in this way any future problems can be covered by DJI. My two cents.
I appreciate your suggestion. I think this is what I will do

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne