DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Shake Error

ddean0419

Reactions
I made a classic MP mistake - taking off for a short demo flight (under a tree) with a low battery. Within a couple of minutes it went into RTH and went up into the tree before I could stop it. After trying to make a path up through the tree for 10 seconds, the props stopped and it fell 20 feet onto a gravel road. It seemed OK on a short flight afterwards (and 2 new props).

However, frequently now the camera shakes up and down with a warning message "Gimbal Shake Error". I also cannot push the gimbal storage clip down all the way, and the clear plastic camera cover won't snap all the way down, indicating to me that the camera is sticking out too far.

8fc83454d2d4b336d2d0b539f5b67993.jpg

I suspect that the metal plate in the attached picture should be underneath the little black plastic tab. When I push that plate (mounted on rubber bands) forward as much as possible, it won't go far enough to go over the end of the tab (by about 1/16 of an inch) to drop down underneath it. I don't want to force it more than I already have.

Is that plastic tab easy to temporarily remove?
Can I shave off that last 1/16 inch?
Any other suggestions?

I suspect that the metal plate in the attached picture should be underneath the little black plastic tab

Yes it should, thats whats causing your gimbal shake error.

Is that plastic tab easy to temporarily remove?

Yes but you have to take off the top body to get to it. It screws in from the inside, and taking it apart is the right way reseat the gimbal assembly. If you try to push it back into place the way it is, you can end up breaking the tab, and then you will get jello effect.

Here is a video on how to take off the top body. Doing this might void your warranty, but it's up to you.

Hi!!

Had the exact same problem/crash this weekend and had almost the same issues except wasn't getting the error message.

With regards to putting the bracket under the tab, I simply pulled forward and tilted the bracket under the tab and went straight into because of the rubber bands, there should be flex to do this. Mines in and gimbal protectors are back on. Flying later so will let you know if it's been fixed!

Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60