DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal stopped working out of the blue

Tanos

Reactions
I am over the head with that gimbal of the Mavic Pro. Had a ribbon cable cut in the past from a something that could not even be classified as a crash. But now what?

It stopped working out of the blue. Ribbon seems intact. I get the notorious "gimbal overload, remove clamp" message.

Gimbal tries to initialize and pitch does not work (steering camera left-right) so in general since one of the 3-axis does not work I get this error.

I am of course out of warranty.
Tried to calibrate from within the DJI app and also with DJI assistant. Upgraded, downgraded, reset with no luck.

"Have a gimbal floating with some rubber bands and let crucial components exposed". Good job.

My thoughts are that the motor for pitch is done, no idea why and how since it is so sensitive to external loads so it should be impossible to fry itself. Ordered a ribbon cable to replace but it will arrive in a month.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I’d replace the gimble cable first. The wires contained can fracture with nothing visible externally.

Bummer that the part will take a month to get. Who did you order from? Seems a long time.

I’d replace the gimble cable first. The wires contained can fracture with nothing visible externally.

Bummer that the part will take a month to get. Who did you order from? Seems a long time.
Ebay (china), I leave in Greece.

Ebay (china), I leave in Greece.
Ahhhh..... I’d Check for shops in Europe and follow Thunderdrones advice on getting another. In fact he might even have one... and if purchased from him would get there sooner I bet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111