DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble getting stuck

Meatwagon45

Reactions
I recently bought the mavic pro and almost love it. My gimble keeps getting stuck. It seems to get locked in random position while in flight and I cannot free it until landing. Just now, the gimble turned right and got stuck causing the aircraft to start spinning. I was able to land it safely but am concerned about this issue. I don't see anything obstructing it except for a wire that seems a little long. Anyone know what's going on?

I would see if you could exchange it for a new one. Just tell them the problem and see what they can do. Did you buy it using Paypal? Thats always a good backup.

That long black wire is your gimbal flat ribbon cable and it needs to be that long so that the gimbal can pitch 90° down and not get stretched.

It was the last one on the shelf and I bought it in store. It worked fine until the other day. I did notice what appears to be a protective film on top of the camera. It has a small pull tab on it. Could that be enough to stop the gimbal?

It was the last one on the shelf and I bought it in store. It worked fine until the other day. I did notice what appears to be a protective film on top of the camera. It has a small pull tab on it. Could that be enough to stop the gimbal?
Yes, the yellow tab, I removed mine and have never had issues.

You can try that, but you said it was working fine the other day...

Reactions: Bunny Too
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM