DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

glare with the sun in the back

luchau

Reactions
Bonjour, hello.
Firsts fly with my Mavic 3. I have the normal neutral filter on. It's clean.
I have something like a glare on images on a certain angle but the sun is in my back!
I check the lens and it's ok.
Very strange. I fly another time with the same problem.
Any idea?
Best regards
luc

DJI_0327.MP4.00_00_00_14.Still003.jpgDJI_0327.MP4.00_00_12_22.Still004.jpg

I'm not seeing any problems with these photos. And, you should never use ND filters for still photography. There's no advantage and a big disadvantage in that your shutterspeed will be slower, potentially yielding less sharp images.

Reactions: twickers14
Thank you for this information.That's exactly this problem.
And unfortunately it happens two times in different locations.
I'm not seeing any problems with these photos. And, you should never use ND filters for still photography. There's no advantage and a big disadvantage in that your shutterspeed will be slower, potentially yielding less sharp images.
Yes I agree . It's the normal filter that is on the caméra out of the box.
And the problem is the white spot in the lower part of the image.
Paw send me to an older post with an answer:
it can be that: Heiligenschein - Wikipedia

It’s not the last time you’ll see that. Normal.

Bonjour, hello.
I have something like a glare on images on a certain angle but the sun is in my back!
Any idea?
Best regards
luc

View attachment 159590View attachment 159592
As others have mention it is a ‘halo’ and often called Heiligenschein in German. It’s a normal optical phenomenon where the light from the sun is being reflected directly back into the camera lens. You’re most likely to see it where there is moisture on the ground, for example in fields with grassy crops. The drops of moisture (dew etc.) focus the light back in the direction it came from - in this case back towards the sun where your drone is hovering.

As others have mention it is a ‘halo’ and often called Heiligenschein in German. It’s a normal optical phenomenon where the light from the sun is being reflected directly back into the camera lens. You’re most likely to see it where there is moisture on the ground, for example in fields with grassy crops. The drops of moisture (dew etc.) focus the light back in the direction it came from - in this case back towards the sun where your drone is hovering.
Very interesting.
The shots where made in the south-west of France in Jurançon vineyard. Grassy, morning dew...

Bonjour, hello.
Any idea?
Best regards
luc

As others have said there is nothing wrong with your M3 and that this is natural off of wet surfaces. The mistake I made recently when shooting a 21-image panorama was to have the sun in some of the pano images. When using photomerge in Photoshop it makes the sky look horrible since the reflections are in different locations in each image. I may try to clone these reflections out prior to merging and see if that works.

You should "rarely" use ND for still photos, not "never".

They're are very useful is you're wanting to show motion (cars moving, waterfalls flowing, etc.) when you're shooting stills in bright let scenes.

Bonjour, hello.
Any idea?
Best regards
luc

this can be easily fixed in photoshop with the clone tool

Dale

Miami

this can be easily fixed in photoshop with the clone tool

Dale

Miami
Once I realized it was an interesting optical phenomena I liked it :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure