DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Glitchy screen after update

Tiny

Reactions
I finally broke down and updated the firmware, because I thought it was needed in order to unlock nfz’s. I have experienced this glitchy screen with weak transmission signal and also in sport mode making quick maneuvers or really fast, 40 mph. Now I am getting it with high transmission signal and moving at moderate pace 15-20 mph. Is it time to rollback?

I finally broke down and updated the firmware, because I thought it was needed in order to unlock nfz’s. I have experienced this glitchy screen with weak transmission signal and also in sport mode making quick maneuvers or really fast, 40 mph. Now I am getting it with high transmission signal and moving at moderate pace 15-20 mph. Is it time to rollback?

I have the the same issue I mean its just a little choppy when moving forward but I only notice the choppines when I look down at houses or trees while moving. Also Ive had this happen a couple times take a look.

IMG_8911.JPG

I would just rollback and edit the flight parameters to remove the nfz limitations altogether.

I would say go to a place where its definately a fly zone wide open with no interference amd try operate it normal and see if its smooth on the most up to date software. The nfz i dfont know but personally i wouldent fly in them just because. Make sure amtennas are straught out all the way like the manual says and fly in a good place to give it a fair test. Apparently being on low terrain with trees surrounded is bad for signal. Go up a hill and have a fly around i say! Hope its ok

I haven’t flown in a nfz yet. Only tested the unlock at the local airport. A simple take off and land.
The video feed is skipping at home, no where near a nfz. Days ago before update, perfect seemless video feed. I never updated when I unboxed the platinum. And it was perfect. After update, bad video feed. same location. Since making this post I have found the firmware topic of this forum. It seems as though, I am not alone.

Had the same issue and have rolled back to the App Version 4.1.18 and no long having this issue. This screen issue started with version 4.1.19 and also had bad lag time and disconnects with version after that as well. Flies good without issues and not having to worry somethings going to go wrong.

Had the same issue and have rolled back to the App Version 4.1.18 and no long having this issue. This screen issue started with version 4.1.19 and also had bad lag time and disconnects with version after that as well. Flies good without issues and not having to worry somethings going to go wrong.

How do you go back to another version of the app

How do you go back to another version of the app

Go to APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ and get the version you want. (eg: DJI GO 4 ver. 4.1.18) I put it on my sd card in my tablet/phone, locate it and then click on it to install. You have to uninstall the other version first thought.

If it's not Android, this guy has all the links and info on how to.
How to downgrade your App for iPhone / iPad iOS

Anyone contacted dji and asked why they released an update that does this major mess up? Maybe they want people to crash to increase demand and increase profit at the expense of company reputation? Or just lazy not enough testing... there must be good jobs there. Company doing well, in need of product testers by the looks of it. Anyone interested lol? Can do it in remote locations. Thumbs up :p

Actually, is there a secrion i this fpurum split by model (Air/Pro/platinum etc) that shows people updating to the latest update and check rhat everything is ok? Then when it prompts you to update you can click no and check here if the experts have gone through it with a fine comb and download after they checked the basics. Instead of letting it all hit the fan and looking after and casual users having to do roll backs and all other headache tasks lol. Could be an Update section split by model and you just go there before proceeding to update?

Shame on the manufacture for releasing this. Any mis hap that happens on this version shpuld be fully refunded/exchanged with brand new drone im sure. In a fair world :)

This is curious, Are we talking about the video seen on the phone or tablet only? Or is it distorted on the sd card in the Mavic too? I wonder if the new update is only effecting overloaded or slower devices?

This is curious, Are we talking about the video seen on the phone or tablet only? Or is it distorted on the sd card in the Mavic too? I wonder if the new update is only effecting overloaded or slower devices?
I will check the actual footage. I’m using an I pad pro, so I can’t blame it on the slower device. Of coarse no other apps are open during the flight.

I didn’t have footage that showed the freezing and skipping. I rolled back to .100 and what do you know. Seemless transmission. Even in sport mode.

It must be incredibly difficult to come out with one program to work on different devices. Isn’t this the real problem?

I didn’t have footage that showed the freezing and skipping. I rolled back to .100 and what do you know. Seemless transmission. Even in sport mode.

It must be incredibly difficult to come out with one program to work on different devices. Isn’t this the real problem?
I believe so. I think its all about what cables are used, what IOS is used (on Apple devices) how old the device is, how old the device OS is (android ) and weather or not there are apps running in the background. problems like this always only effect a small percentage of users. Maybe one day we will figure it out! Just glad to hear it doesnt affect the mavic, just the app and device.

Reactions: Adam_R6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satyridjohn