DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 on a CrystalSky question.

TaterB

Reactions
I have see quite a few screenshots showing the map and radar displays in the corners of the display over the video from the MP. I haven't been able to find how to get this display setup. I'm probably missing something obvious, but not sure where to look. Attached is a example of what I'm trying to describe:
15qypmo.jpg

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I have see quite a few screenshots showing the map and radar displays in the corners of the display over the video from the MP. I haven't been able to find how to get this display setup. I'm probably missing something obvious, but not sure where to look.
Different sized displays show the app differently.
All the 8 inch tablets I've used show either the map or the radar but never both at the same time.

I’ve got the 5.5 CS, i only get the map or radar screen depending on what I pick. I don’t get both like yours. Haven’t got a clue regarding your problem.
Can I ask.... when you take off does the Go4 app tell you “the home point has been activated please check it on the map” mine doesn’t do that so I’ve got small teething problems also.

I’m so used to my iOS device telling me that but the CS doesn’t. Volume is on max;)

How you get your problem sorted;)

I’ve got the 5.5 CS, i only get the map or radar screen depending on what I pick. I don’t get both like yours. Haven’t got a clue regarding your problem.
Can I ask.... when you take off does the Go4 app tell you “the home point has been activated please check it on the map” mine doesn’t do that so I’ve got small teething problems also.

I’m so used to my iOS device telling me that but the CS doesn’t. Volume is on max;)

How you get your problem sorted;)

I only get the Map or radar screens depending on what I pick. I have just seen screen captures that show both at the same time and would like that.

Yes, my Android/CrystalSky Go4 does tell me “the home point has been activated please check it on the map”. I'm guessing that it will not be able to auto go to home since it doesn't know where it is. Just a thought, are you in sport mode? I've never used it so don't know if that will cause that.

Attached is a example of what I'm trying to describe:
That's a screenshot from an Apple iPad device.
None of the CrystalSky units (5.5 or 7.85) display the radar and map at the sime time.

Apologies, I miss read your post, sorry;)
I always set my flight mode switch to P Mode before take off, not that then... it’s not a problem, I always check it on the map before I take off but it’s something I’ve always had, so do miss it, oh I don’t like change:D

Hope you find out one way or another about your radar/map screens showing on the main front page of the go 4 app.

On the Go4 for the Moverio glasses, both show up. However, there were a couple of releases during the course of the past year where the altitude gauge did not show up. They fixed that in one of the recent releases.

Yes, my Android/CrystalSky Go4 does tell me “the home point has been activated please check it on the map”. I'm guessing that it will not be able to auto go to home since it doesn't know where it is. Just a thought, are you in sport mode? I've never used it so don't know if that will cause that.
Sport mode won't make any difference to RTH behaviour or display of the map/radar display.
If yours is telling you that the home point is recorded it would be exceptionally unlikely for it not to be.
Check that the app is showing you a distance in the lower part of the screen.
That is the distance from the recorded home point.
If the distance looks about right and gets smaler when you fly closer, or greater when you fly away, you definitely have a home point.

You really should test RTH so that you understand how it works , how to initiate it and how to cancel and resume control.
The day you need RTH is the worst day to start learning about it.

Sport mode won't make any difference to RTH behaviour or display of the map/radar display.
If yours is telling you that the home point is recorded it would be exceptionally unlikely for it not to be.
Check that the app is showing you a distance in the lower part of the screen.
That is the distance from the recorded home point.
If the distance looks about right and gets smaler when you fly closer, or greater when you fly away, you definitely have a home point.

You really should test RTH so that you understand how it works , how to initiate it and how to cancel and resume control.
The day you need RTH is the worst day to start learning about it.

@Meta4 that answer was meant for me, he was just helping me out with my ongoing problem.

It’s all works fine, have tested it by pressing the RTH button to test out PL works great but the little lady’s voice just doesn’t tell me about the home point. I always check it on the map before takeoff. I just don’t know why I don’t get the voice message before I take off.

I’ve always had it on my iOS devices but not on the CS screen.

It’s not an issue, just curious;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr