DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going Beyond 107 Certification.......??

Crow Horse

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I was curious about those who have earned their 107 certification. Who has continued to study or refresh themselves with the material/information that is under 107?
I've just recently earned my 107 and did quite well on the exam (thank you Pilot Institute!). I'm glad I did. It's made me a better pilot but I feel that there is so much material that I like to keep reviewing my notes and on occasion watch the videos in the hope that I can imprint the info into my aging grey matter. Does anyone else do this?

Why be "good" when you can be "better"?

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
The FAA has a site with multiple free courses for drone pilots. Got to Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov and search for Suas (drones) which brings up maybe 50 courses/seminars most are free and by signing up you can get certified through the courses and earn WINGS.

Cheers!
I don't believe WINGS credit are currently being awarded for sUAS pilots however I think they are working on that for the future.

I don't believe WINGS credit are currently being awarded for sUAS pilots however I think they are working on that for the future.
Maybe not, I approached it as a continuing education process.

Cheers!

Going beyond 107 for me involves volunteering with local VFD’s for “eyes in the sky” for brush fires, search and recovery, etc. There are a couple free online courses and tests they wanted me to do so I can be helpful without getting in the way. Interesting stuff. 107 helps keep me legal by knowing what my limitations are.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming