DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Evening from the Fraser Valley, BC

hello, another bc flyer here, im in the sunny okanagan valley, ur gonna luv the mav.

hello, another bc flyer here, im in the sunny okanagan valley, ur gonna luv the mav.

Hello genesimmons,

Still waiting, impatiently, for enough time to give myself a decent chance to try this drone out.
Haven't even powered it up yet, so now updates etc.

I will be passing by a bit south of the OK, later in the year, on my way to Grand Forks.

Hello genesimmons,

Still waiting, impatiently, for enough time to give myself a decent chance to try this drone out.
Haven't even powered it up yet, so now updates etc.

I will be passing by a bit south of the OK, later in the year, on my way to Grand Forks.
donnnnnt update it, if u were lucky enough to get an older one with older firware u may want to mod it in the future and the older the better for mods haha, if u see on here every one wants 103,700 thats the golden ticket haha

I find that it is very easy to fly as well. Did about 10 flights in beginner mode at the 30 meter height then got brave and turned beginner mode off and now up 75 meters and 1 km.

That is about what my plan is right now. Hopefully get everything connected and powered up today. Yay!
Might go look for an extra battery.
But, I do want to get familiar with the controls and gain enough experience to have a little 'finesse', before I go all over crazy and start doing anything fancy.

Happy flying. You'll probably find yourself nervous and white knuckled the first 2-3 flights but it gets better after that. LOL Hoping this weekend turns nice, would like to try out the 8" tablet and check out the new filters too. Seems winter just doesn't want to leave.

Got powered up and did a couple little flights in the back yard.
You were correct, in beginner mode, absolutely no breeze, very short flights the Mavic is pretty easy to control. None far enough to use the 'return to home', but still air time.

I was using my Tab S tablet with the controller.
I wasn't paying that much attention to the camera feed, didn't want to park in a tree, but it seems like the picture is a bit messed up.

Sure 'hovers' well.

Got powered up and did a couple little flights in the back yard.
You were correct, in beginner mode, absolutely no breeze, very short flights the Mavic is pretty easy to control. None far enough to use the 'return to home', but still air time.

I was using my Tab S tablet with the controller.
I wasn't paying that much attention to the camera feed, didn't want to park in a tree, but it seems like the picture is a bit messed up.

Sure 'hovers' well.
i find on low spec devces the dji go app really struggles, i ended up trying litchi and wow what a difference no lag or stuttering, litchi works great on low spec devices, i use it on a sony z2 and samsung tablet and works great, dji go works but stutters and is slow

Glad to hear you had a chance to try out your Mavic. That's right what gene says about lower end tabs. Was using a Galaxy Tab A(2016) with 1.5GB RAM and 1.3GHz everything turned off that's not necessary and it runs not bad. Bought a Galaxy S2 and ended up being returned because of connectivity issues, second one as well. Just got a Huawei Mediapad T2 with 4GB RAM and 1.7GHz and connected without a hitch and a definite improvement.. Just got to get out and try it flying the Mavic. Saying sun for the weekend, might get my chance.

I had mine running on a Tab S. 3 GB and 1.3 GHz. However, I did not 'prep' on running apps, etc. Just plugged it in and went for it.
If I get a chance on the weekend I will give it another shot, but, will stop all the running apps and put it in 'airplane mode'
I might also try it with my S7 Edge.
I have looked at Litchi and I think I will stick with the DJI app for now. The two seem reasonably similar, but for me, one thing at a time. KISS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan