DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Lord! Find Me A Place To Fly!!

I am having a better look at this Database. I mean 12.7MB of just NZB Text is unbelievable. I am going to try and pull the one from Ver 4.04 App and see how big that file is. I suspect its less than half the size. This DB explains why the app ballooned after ver 4.05

Rob
And once again why I am sticking with .04. Even in that one it has an NFZ near my house that doesn't really exist. An old dirt airstrip that now one has used in decades. Then they call the river by my house a runway as float planes take off and land there occasionally. But I'm nowhere near any conceivable glide path. They are going to err on the side of over saturation.

All circled up here, but a call to the local regional control tower has always yielded an affirmative to fly within recreational perimeters.

I Just found the best place in the world to vacation with my Drone:):)

View attachment 11936

Thanks DJI :p

Brrrrr..
Rob
That's a negative on flying in Antarctica. I was just down there in Jan/Feb and they wouldn't let me fly my Mavic. They said it would be a treaty violation since Antarctica has multiple countries operating there.
2017-01-30 21.40.31.jpg

Last edited:
That's a negative on flying in Antarctica. I was just down there in Jan/Feb and they wouldn't let me fly my Mavic. They said it would be a treaty violation since Antarctica has multiple countries operating there.
View attachment 12004

OMG a continental NFZ for drones :confused:

Hi Guys.
Same here in Brazil.
If you say "drone" they say "No Sr, you can't"

I do not if it is for safety or it is just a lake of knowledge.

Let see how much they will struggle us.

639c772bd2f97d6c902f1e16a15930e1.jpg

Welcome to Africa [emoji16]

The Brits and French might be worst off :eek:

View attachment 11935

Rob

I live about 8 miles north of Gatwick airport and looking at NATS' Drone Assist the TMA is quite large but as long as I stay clear of the glide paths either end of the runway and stay below 400ft I am not going to get in anyone's way.

A while back I asked a local policeman who policed drones. Was it the police or was it the CAA? He hadn't a clue!

I live within 5 miles of my regional airport and I can still fly there. In fact if I pop up to 300 feet I can hover and watch planes taking off and landing from the house. I called my local airport and talked with them shortly after I got my MP and we had a great discussion. Instead of calling now all I have to do is shoot an email or txt to the airport manager and I am good to go. The airport manager even asked if I would consider bringing my stuff out to the Airport one day when they had a school group coming for a tour. They thought it would be a good thing to show the kids what kind of technology is out there, plus we could put up a TV and let the kids see what the camera sees. I have heard a lot of stories on here about bad run ins with airports, but I have to say my experiences have been great so far.

There are places I would love to fly that I can't. Our State Parks have adopted the same stance as the NPS and we can't operate a UAS from areas within any State Park or Sate Owned Facility, without permission (that we probably won't get), but there is still a lot of wide open space that you can fly.

Yes the life of a male penguin is quite burdensome. All they get to do is sit on the eggs while their wives go out and have fun all day. Then after the baby is born, they have to feed them too. Maybe best to forget my penguin suggestion, and follow a polar bear. I just hope your not a vegetarian.
Thunderdrones already pointed away from the now off-limits South Pole by advising you to join up with the polar bears who live in the North Pole:rolleyes:. Sounds like the way to go especially with the northern lights.... -CF

You know you can still fly within 5 miles of an airport right? Just call them and tell them you'll be doing so and they legally can't say no. As long as you're not too close, flying as a hobbyist and not being reckless you're ok.

I'm a Brit and I live close to Blackpool Airport. The circle comes to about half a mile of my house. Then beyond that is a British Aerospace facility, and the circles almost touch. No problem. I just head in the other direction. There are a few microlight areas, and a parachute area. It's easy to avoid them. Beyond that it's fine, and it's just about showing consideration and common sense

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming