DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

goodbye android hello ipad

lithoman

Reactions
I just gave up on my android phone Moto Z Force.. DJI Go 4 crashes a few times each flight. The last straw was today it would not open back up on the last time it crashed. Have been keeping my bird very close to home because of the app crashing .Sooooo I just ordered my first apple product ipad mini 4..

my question, what small cable should I purchase for it to properly connect to the controller..?

You can find some commonly used Lightning cables here.

I made the exact same transition as you and love the stability of the tablet device. I installed this cable and it works like a charm.

It's moot now, but you can prevent the Android GO 4 launch crashes by disabling auto-rotation.

thanks, all .. again, never had an apple product and wasn't sure what cables to purchase, also the length to go from controller to ipad.
will place an order today.. look forward to some stable flying...

thanks, all .. again, never had an apple product and wasn't sure what cables to purchase, also the length to go from controller to ipad.
will place an order today.. look forward to some stable flying...

I'm sure you'll be happy with your ipad mini 4.

If you don't plan on using a tablet holder, you'll have to watch out for the "sport mode" button when you attach ipad mini to controller. It may/may not hit that button.

I might be with you on this one, when the wind dies and I run out for a short flight and the android keeps crashing it is a bummer, plus we can get the new DJI gs pro software as well correct?
Regards,
-d.

Also, it's worth mentioning again -- be sure to have the plug on the side of the remote OUT/unplugged when using the USB at the bottom of the remote. I can't tell you how many times I forget to pull it out of the side when using my iPad and see "disconnected" on the screen...
iPad is the way to go - enjoy! Also, you can zoom in (when not in 4k) by spreading 2 fingers on the image on the iPad as well - another cool feature!! (up to 2.0x zoom too!!)

Reactions: lithoman
I might be with you on this one, when the wind dies and I run out for a short flight and the android keeps crashing it is a bummer, plus we can get the new DJI gs pro software as well correct?
Regards,
-d.
Looks like it...
GS Pro supports the following DJI aerial platforms and flight controllers: Phantom 3 Standard/Advanced/Professional/4K, Phantom 4/Pro*, Inspire 1/2*, Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3/A3 Pro, N3, and Mavic Pro.
*Coming soon

Reactions: mikeinbox
I made the exact same transition as you and love the stability of the tablet device. I installed this cable and it works like a charm.

It's moot now, but you can prevent the Android GO 4 launch crashes by disabling auto-rotation.

so a 6" cable works for the ipad mini 4 to RC? any pics of the connection, not sure where the ipad mini 4 connection is located

Made the move to the Ipad Mini 4 last week and couldn't be happier. Had the Nvidia K1 for about 3 weeks and it was a rock, never crashed, almost no lag, and a decent screen. Then the combination of the Android update and the DJI update caused it to crash about every 8 minutes. I spent 3 days and 20+ flights trying everything (including screen rotation) and nothing worked. The only flying I was doing was to see if the last troubleshooting change would finally fix it. No Joy!! Literally and figuratively, no joy, nothing worked and I was hating flying. Was able to return the Nvidia to Amazon (after I had used it for 3 weeks) and ordered the Mini 4. It got here, I hooked it up, no problems, and I am loving just flying again.

Made the move to the Ipad Mini 4 last week and couldn't be happier. Had the Nvidia K1 for about 3 weeks and it was a rock, never crashed, almost no lag, and a decent screen. Then the combination of the Android update and the DJI update caused it to crash about every 8 minutes. I spent 3 days and 20+ flights trying everything (including screen rotation) and nothing worked. The only flying I was doing was to see if the last troubleshooting change would finally fix it. No Joy!! Literally and figuratively, no joy, nothing worked and I was hating flying. Was able to return the Nvidia to Amazon (after I had used it for 3 weeks) and ordered the Mini 4. It got here, I hooked it up, no problems, and I am loving just flying again.

Great...that's what i'm hoping for!

I went with something like this. [Apple MFI Certified] Lightning Cable, 2 in 1 Coil Cable dual Lightning,Micro USB Ports cable, Sync and Charge for iPhone 7 7 Plus 6 6Plus 5s 5c 5, iPad Air mini, iPod nano 7th, Android Devices, Black Amazon.com: [Apple MFI Certified] Lightning Cable, 2 in 1 Coil Cable dual Lightning,Micro USB Ports cable, Sync and Charge for iPhone 7 7 Plus 6 6Plus 5s 5c 5, iPad Air mini, iPod nano 7th, Android Devices, Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

along with the mag mount

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Is it easy to DL your videos from the mini4 to a Windows pc?

sent from my Galaxy Note4

That is my story above. Looking forward to just flying again. That being said are you guys running the cellular with GPS or going without?
Regards,
-d.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78