DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Pixel XL?

Ranbal

Reactions
Anyone using this phone for use with their MP? Also, if you are, are you running Litchi or DJIgo4? I'm overdue for a new phone and was interested in the Pixel but would like some feedback from the experts. Thx.

I'm not an expert, not at all, but what I've learned reading a bunch of threads here and watching hundreds of videos on YouTube is if you want to fly a DJI drone, do the following: buy an iOS device. No matter if it's a phone or tablet. Period.

I'm an Android user btw

Thank you for the reply. I am also an android guy and have talked smack about apple products for so long I might have a tough time eating that much crow. However, I do love flying my Mavic and want to get the best trouble free experience available. Perhaps the answer is an ipad mini for flying and keep with the android phone for now. Thanks again for your input.

I have a Pixel XL and have used it with the Mavic, 4 flights. On the 4th the app crashed. I was able to restart and reconnect to the Mavic, but that was one scare too many. I now use an iPad Pro 9.7. Haven't had any issues. I'm fully android committed, but for this one job...I'm now IOS

Anyone using this phone for use with their MP? Also, if you are, are you running Litchi or DJIgo4? I'm overdue for a new phone and was interested in the Pixel but would like some feedback from the experts. Thx.
I'm a newbie and was wrestling with the display device issue. So far, my Google XL has worked flawlessly with DJ4 - I don't have any other app yet.

The only problem I have is probably common to all - when notifications or phone calls happen and cover up part of my screen. I need a "Bugger off, I'm flying" app.
[emoji3]

The only problem I have is probably common to all - when notifications or phone calls happen and cover up part of my screen.
You can prevent those notifications from appearing by enabling airplane mode.

Reactions: GhostRider
Same boat as you, except that my phone isn't really overdue yet.
Being an android guy, I have always resisted getting iOS stuff. I have had crashes of my Nexus 5x and Nexus 7 2013 almost every flight. Mostly not serious (the app freezes, but the drone is fully controlable still, and I have only flown LOS until now), but they make me nervous all the time, so I am now contemplating getting an iPad mini. I would actually prefer something smaller, 6" would be ideal, but I am not willing to pay for a new iPhone 6/7 plus. On the other hand, if you are willing to spend a 1000 bucks on a phone anyway, I would now go for an iphone.

For me, the situation is the following:
1. It MUST be stable
2. If possible, about 5.5 - 6 inch diagonal is preferable
3. Preferable < €500
4. I am not too worried about using a dedicated device for the mavic, as long as it is portable

Right now, I am on the fence between an iPad mini 2/3/4 or waiting for the crystalsky to come out...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan