DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great landing pad

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JO53XRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ordered this through Amazon for under $30 delivered. Although it took nearly 2 weeks due to coming from China, it still came in before my new toy. You save about 7-$10 by ordering overseas, I have a feeling those that order this will likely have it before their Mavic. It's large, about 42", reversible (see the two different designs), springs open when removed from its storage pouch and appears that it will hold up as the nylon material stretch tightly due to outer perimeter flexible ring. It's light enough to carry and folds up relatively small. Also, there are 3 stakes to firmly hold this down however, I don't think my Inspire would get this to shift during takeoff or landing with the use of them.
View attachment 208 View attachment 209 View attachment 210
Hey! Thanks for this recommendation. Mine just arrived today and I'm really happy with the portability and ease of setup. It's the perfect size and seems very rugged. It's also 1/3 the price of the Hoodman! Now I'm just waiting on my Mavic to arrive.

Reactions: CCDD
Hi Mike . Can u post some details on that when u receive it ? Is it easy to affix to the ground etc .. pros and cons .. thx

You know that is just one of these, at higher cost for the "H" right? The one below can be shipped and delivered by the 19th for Prime members at $13. I have something like this already, so I will be using it. If you want the H, spray-paint it on for next to nothing. Or use a marker.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Mul...=1476732608&sr=1-48&keywords=camera+reflector
Being reflectors, I have to wonder whether they will screw with the Mavic's downward vision system, making it act wonky when landing? I guess if it does, you could paint or tape something on it and it would solve that.

I don't fancy the idea of chasing around a "landing pad" with my Mavic in an attempt to land on it. Nor do I want to try and hammer stakes in clay soil. The solution I went for, is not cheap, but so far seems to be of excellent quality. When I ordered the Hoodman Landing Pad, I believe they only had a 5 ft diameter with an 8 lb hoop around the edge that keeps it firmly in place on the ground. http://amzn.to/2ei0GlH. If you are squawking at paying $30 bucks for a little lite weight disc then $130 bucks will like be out of reach but at least it was designed for the function I'm employing in.. The do have a 3 ft version for $80. http://amzn.to/2dJffLO. They also have a huge 8 ft diameter version.

I really like my 5ft Hoodman Landing Pad. It makes for a smooth landing. Never come close to tipping over (but to be fair my P3A has the polar landing gear extensions). Comes with a storage bag with handles and shoulder strap for easy toting around. No tent stakes or hammer required. It stays put!

I don't fancy the idea of chasing around a "landing pad" with my Mavic in an attempt to land on it. Nor do I want to try and hammer stakes in clay soil. The solution I went for, is not cheap, but so far seems to be of excellent quality. When I ordered the Hoodman Landing Pad, I believe they only had a 5 ft diameter with an 8 lb hoop around the edge that keeps it firmly in place on the ground. http://amzn.to/2ei0GlH. If you are squawking at paying $30 bucks for a little lite weight disc then $130 bucks will like be out of reach but at least it was designed for the function I'm employing in.. The do have a 3 ft version for $80. http://amzn.to/2dJffLO. They also have a huge 8 ft diameter version.

I really like my 5ft Hoodman Landing Pad. It makes for a smooth landing. Never come close to tipping over (but to be fair my P3A has the polar landing gear extensions). Comes with a storage bag with handles and shoulder strap for easy toting around. No tent stakes or hammer required. It stays put!

Bob, does the hoop have somekind of weight in it to prevent the pad from blowing away.. ?

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having an 'on the go' drone with easy portability. I have a nice lit landing pad I made for my P3 but i am certainly not going to lug it on my M/C.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having an 'on the go' drone with easy portability. I have a nice lit landing pad I made for my P3 but i am certainly not going to lug it on my M/C.

Yeah, I think one of the floor mats in the back seat of my car will work just fine if I'm ever out and think I need a landing pad.

Last edited:
I've build my own using a rolling wooden mat, 30x40cm, not sure about the dimensions unfolded, but if needed I'll sew to horizontally and make it 60x40cm. Costs < 3€

Attachments

• IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: Guitarzan
I keep reading how people are purchasing these photography reflectors as landing pads ... so I'm wondering won't this cause an issue as the Mavics forward and downward position will be affected by highly reflected surfaces etc..

Edit . But I guess manual landing or GPS will not be an issue..

Attachments

• IMG_0030.PNG
    IMG_0030.PNG
    641.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I keep reading how people are purchasing these photography reflectors as landing pads ... so I'm wondering won't this cause an issue as the Mavics forward and downward position will be affected by highly reflected surfaces etc..

I haven't had a problem landing my P3P onto the white side of my $7 32 inch reflector with and without VPS and while in Atti or P mode. Besides...if the reflector doesn't work well with the Mavic Pro, then I'll just use it along with my 42 inch reflector during photo shoots. :)

Most of the reflectors come with 5 colors: translucent, white, black, silver, and gold. Only the silver and gold are very reflective, so you'd have a few good options that shouldn't interfere with sensors (although I doubt any of the colors would). I got the 24" set for portability, so I'm only worried that it'll blow away from the downwash. I'll try it out (one day).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JO53XRI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ordered this through Amazon for under $30 delivered. Although it took nearly 2 weeks due to coming from China, it still came in before my new toy. You save about 7-$10 by ordering overseas, I have a feeling those that order this will likely have it before their Mavic. It's large, about 42", reversible (see the two different designs), springs open when removed from its storage pouch and appears that it will hold up as the nylon material stretch tightly due to outer perimeter flexible ring. It's light enough to carry and folds up relatively small. Also, there are 3 stakes to firmly hold this down however, I don't think my Inspire would get this to shift during takeoff or landing with the use of them.
View attachment 208 View attachment 209 View attachment 210
I ordered one. Thank you. It looks like it's made out of the same material as the sun shields you put behind your windshield? Is it ? How much does it weigh?

It's light yet not too light. The outer ring has enough weight to keep her from moving.

Bob, does the hoop have somekind of weight in it to prevent the pad from blowing away.. ?
Yes, indeed. The hoop is an 8 lb loop sewn inside the 5 ft pad.. It folds up to a convenient size and goes into a bag with a shoulder strap.

There is no one solution. Lightweight? Chasing it around. Did that when I experimented with floor mats for a shop. Looked great but the P3A generated so much air that it would lift these up. Other solutions also involve stakes and a hammer. This is not a perfect solution either as you can't hammer into every situation. I have the 5 ft solution and it works great for my P3A. Might go with the 3 ft solution if weight is a factor.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MavicPilots mobile app

Bought one of these PGY Reversible Landing Pad For DJI Phantom4/3 Inspire1 Gimbal Helipad Protective | eBay

The quality is quite exceptional. Opens up to be a very sturdy landing pad. Nice touches like it comes with pegs and reflective stickers. All in a nice bag. Really good value.

You can buy it on AliExpress for $15.98 Aliexpress.com : Buy PGY Fast fold landing pad helipad protective RC Drone gimbal Quadcopter Helicopter parts DJI phantom 2 3 4 inspire 1 Accessories from Reliable accessories subaru suppliers on PGY-TECH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan