DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 crash

I tried this - went to 300 feet, started the Hangar app - and it stuck at taking image 1 of 23. Didn't move past that.

This has happened to me a couple times. I just restart the mission (not the app) and it usually works. Once I had to to retry twice and on the third go it worked.

Getting used to the App which has just been updated.
As above take off in DJI Go, get to where you want to be, then switch over to Hangar, I then just swipe the Go app off run the Hangar app and let it do its job.
After, I return to Go.
At home boot up Ipad and let everything upload, sometimes have to wait a while for the finished product.
Have also learnt to take off my extended legs as this interferes with the 360 shot.

Reactions: flipf
After hearing your guys experiences, I think I'll forget this app exists! Why try it again after your drone crashes out?!?

Getting used to the App which has just been updated.
As above take off in DJI Go, get to where you want to be, then switch over to Hangar, I then just swipe the Go app off run the Hangar app and let it do its job.
After, I return to Go.
At home boot up Ipad and let everything upload, sometimes have to wait a while for the finished product.
Have also learnt to take off my extended legs as this interferes with the 360 shot.

Wait, you can start it in the air? That helps a lot! I though it had to launch ground off from a fixed spot, snapshot, then land.

That's right. Just fly it to where you want, even put it at the default 100 metre height then let the 360 app take over.
After it finishes it gives you a prompt to continue flying or RTH.
I choose RTH, bring it back in range then take over with GO App.

That's right. Just fly it to where you want, even put it at the default 100 metre height then let the 360 app take over.
After it finishes it gives you a prompt to continue flying or RTH.
I choose RTH, bring it back in range then take over with GO App.

Thanks! Does this mean I can go to whatever height I want or will it fly to it's default?

Sorry to hear your drone hit a tree, lets hope you get it fixed without issues.

I have used the app since beta and fortunately have not experienced these problems, and I always let it take off from the ground once it has a stable GPS fix.

Just as a reminder its important to know how to override the control of SDK apps like this including others like Litchi, taken from the Hangar 360 FAQ....

How do I override the mission or flight in Hangar 360?

If you want to take over flight at any point during a Hangar 360 mission and you are using:

• Mavic Pro - Switch to Sport Mode
  • Phantom 4 Standard - Switch to 'A' or Attitude Mode near the top of the remote
  • Phantom 3 Professional - Switch to 'P' or Positioning Mode
  • Phantom 3 Advance - Switch to 'P' or Positioning Mode
  • Phantom 3 4K - Switch to 'P' or Positioning Mode
  • Phantom 3 Standard - Toggle the S1 switch to Position 1 to enable P-Mode or Positioning Mode
You can also cancel a mission by tapping the Cancel Button on the right your iOS device, it looks like an "X". This will cause your aircraft to hover in place.

You may need lightning fast reactions though!

Reactions: harryb
Well..some good news albeit pretty slow. DJI is going to send me a replacement under my DJI Refresh. I was worried since using a 3rd party app. No clue if its new or refurbished. We'll see . how long it takes.

so...first ever issue with my Mavic was on my first flight (attempt) with this app. It took off..went up and went at about a 45 degree angle upwards into a tree:-( instead of straight up....didn't respond to any stick movements. Yes...i should have probably been in a more open area but it was clear straight up and probably a 60-70 foot radius. It almost cleared this 100 ft tree but caught one of the top limbs and came crashin down. Broke and arm and the gimble came off...who knows what else but other than the props looks ok. I'm gonna guess this is not covered by DJI refresh?

An insight on that process or other ways to repair would be appreciated.

PS...I feel stupid enough already so no need to reinforce that:)

PSS...if you are using this app....it takes off like a rocket and I don't think you can control it with the sticks although the FAQ says you could fly it except in sport mode. I should have had that switched on i guess.
DJI Care Refresh will cover it. Call the 800# in CA. get authorization to return it. They covered my "pilot error". Charged me $79 but I just received a new bird today UPD'ed

Okay, so I just checked out the app. I'm going to admit...it looks pretty dang cool! There are several people in here though talking about bad experience they had with it making their drone crash out. Is that not something I should be concerned about?

Okay, so I just checked out the app. I'm going to admit...it looks pretty dang cool! There are several people in here though talking about bad experience they had with it making their drone crash out. Is that not something I should be concerned about?
Only two or three maybe with a crash which could be put down to operator error or even just a bad lock on take off.
I don't believe you can blame the App for these.
Every time you fly there is a chance of something going wrong.
Just means you have to be vigilant and make sure everything is working right before engaging the App.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming