DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 crash

I take my share of the blame for this crash...I just expected it to go straight up. i'll try this app again but will either be in a more open area or use the method discussed above. Take off with DJI app then switch to the Hangar app.

I take my share of the blame for this crash...I just expected it to go straight up. i'll try this app again but will either be in a more open area or use the method discussed above. Take off with DJI app then switch to the Hangar app.

It should go straight up, its designed to go 300 feet straight up, but something went wrong obviously. Don't forget once the app has said it is safe to fly with a GPS fix you can start the motors and fly manually using the RC sticks and then engage the app. It'll ask whether you want to fly to 300 feet or use current altitude. You don't necessarily have to go in to DJI GO. I personally ensure DJI GO is closed when using any SDK app as they can conflict with each other.

I've had very good success with Hangar 360. I've used this app about a half dozen times and have used both methods (launching with the app and returning home AND using the DJI app to fly to 300', closing it out, opening Hangar, starting a photo "mission", and then landing). Both have worked fine. I haven't tried it since the firmware update and I think I'll ask Hangar if the app has been updated for that. I agree though that the pictures from the Hangar 360 app are amazing! Not your typical panoramic shots as they are full 360. Sometimes I've had my pictures "not process" which Hangar says can be caused by a number of reasons (time of day, presence of water in the shots, etc.) but I just tried it a 2nd time and those shots went through so my advice is not to give up!

I've tried three times and every time it failed to process. There is no way to try it again either.

I had trouble at first with the processing. Takes a bit of working out.
Make sure the Hangar app is up to date as last time it needed updating before it showed my photos.
After taking your photos you will need to be connected to your home internet, I use my WiFi.
Trying to do it without a stable fast internet won't work.
Follow the prompts and you may have to wait a while before it is processed.

I've tried three times and every time it failed to process. There is no way to try it again either.

Are you using the latest version on iOS? Last week, I think, they upgraded the app and all my processed pictures disappeared and the ones I uploaded would not show up. I went to the developers website and it said you must be on their most recent version to see processed pictures. After I upgraded the iOS app, not only could I see my old processed pictures, I could see my new ones.

Ok so this was probably my problem then, I had both. Go App. And both on ...problem , Hangar 360 wouldn't recognize my Mavic was connected unless the GO app was on...so I hit auto and Mavic just went up 2 feet and stayed there, nothing. No controls zero, nothing would work...Never ever have I had any issues with my MAVIC with Go APP or Litchi...So if I did something wrong, like keeping Go App on , then its all my fault...WHat I did , is hit auto land and it did, phewwww!1..I was getting worried as I was cutting tall grass since the MAVIC was just drifting..

Ok so this was probably my problem then, I had both. Go App. And both on ...problem , Hangar 360 wouldn't recognize my Mavic was connected unless the GO app was on...so I hit auto and Mavic just went up 2 feet and stayed there, nothing. No controls zero, nothing would work...Never ever have I had any issues with my MAVIC with Go APP or Litchi...So if I did something wrong, like keeping Go App on , then its all my fault...WHat I did , is hit auto land and it did, phewwww!1..I was getting worried as I was cutting tall grass since the MAVIC was just drifting..

I always have DJI GO closed when using Hangar 360 or any similar app. Did you try switching to sports mode as that should break any control an application has on the Mavic and allow you to gain control?

I always have DJI GO closed when using Hangar 360 or any similar app. Did you try switching to sports mode as that should break any control an application has on the Mavic and allow you to gain control?
Yeah triied everything... I think now in. Retrospect there was a yellow exclamation. Make. Stating caution restricted fly. Zone fly with a csution.but still I was able to launch but just stopped at 2 or 3 feet.. And. Zéro controls.. Only auto land worked... I will. Give. It another go with Go App. Off again and see... Try it later in the week.. Thanks

Perhaps it was a no fly zone as that would limit your altitude to a low hover.

Perhaps it was a no fly zone as that would limit your altitude to a low hover.
Yup I think that's exactly what happened but the zero controls was frightening.. The auto land worked so all good in the end.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky