DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 easy to use

Is this a panorama made from stills or does the app use video? I'm confused.

P.S. Very nice photo

It is made from stills taken by the app and generated also by the app. Everything is automatic

Ok so I had one successful Hangar 360 attempt. A second attempt (different location) was successfully recorded and uploaded but failed processing. Seems the servers only make one attempt and then give up. The location is not convenient to re-take the pictures. I'm curious if I could rename the 25 files and somehow resubmit them. All of the images appear to be of great quality. Any ideas?

I cant get hanger 360 to work anymore, the first time it worked, the second time it wouldn't process, now the third time the pics don't even show up in the app to process..

Ok so I had one successful Hangar 360 attempt. A second attempt (different location) was successfully recorded and uploaded but failed processing. Seems the servers only make one attempt and then give up. The location is not convenient to re-take the pictures. I'm curious if I could rename the 25 files and somehow resubmit them. All of the images appear to be of great quality. Any ideas?

Yup, their servers give up after a single try. I have learned to do three tries for each shot i really want. Even with three i still find myself disappointed. We can hope they continue to improve. It is a pretty awesome free app

Not deliberate. It may be that the mountains in the distance are blurred by haze.

Just looked again.
The focus point is not correct IMO, foreground is ok then it blurs out into horizon.Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 18.56.55.png

Hi I understand that you have to connect this app through your birds wifi. Then you launch the app wait for it all to connect then press the launch icon, but what do you use to bring the bird back down is it as easy as just doing a normal RTH or is there something else that you have to do.

I cant get hanger 360 to work anymore, the first time it worked, the second time it wouldn't process, now the third time the pics don't even show up in the app to process..

You have to be connected to the mavic to download the pics on your phone/tablet. Then you can send them to the server to be processed.

Hi I understand that you have to connect this app through your birds wifi. Then you launch the app wait for it all to connect then press the launch icon, but what do you use to bring the bird back down is it as easy as just doing a normal RTH or is there something else that you have to do.
You use it the same way you use the dji go 4 app: phone in the controller, switch on controller, switch on mavic, fire up the hangar app. It will ask you some questions whether you want to take the pano from the current altitude or at 91m. Then you have to confirm some safety questions and clock take off. It will ascend to 91m, take the pics and then ask you if you want to fly some more or whether it should auto land.
When home, you open the app again. It will ask you to connect to the mavic (same way as normal) . When you do, it will transfer the images from the sd card to the phone and then upload them. Then it will be processing for a while (mostly about 15-30mins) and after that you will get the stitched panorama...

You use it the same way you use the dji go 4 app: phone in the controller, switch on controller, switch on mavic, fire up the hangar app. It will ask you some questions whether you want to take the pano from the current altitude or at 91m. Then you have to confirm some safety questions and clock take off. It will ascend to 91m, take the pics and then ask you if you want to fly some more or whether it should auto land.
When home, you open the app again. It will ask you to connect to the mavic (same way as normal) . When you do, it will transfer the images from the sd card to the phone and then upload them. Then it will be processing for a while (mostly about 15-30mins) and after that you will get the stitched panorama...

Hi thanks for the info, so what your saying is I don't need to be in wifi mode is that correct just connect the bird in rc mode ?

Just be advised of the following fact: Hangar uses the 4:3 picture format, EVEN IF you have previously set the picture format to 16:9 in the DJI GO 4 app. Furthermore, once finished, it does not revert to the old settings.
I was wondering who in heavens name changed these settings for me, as I was 100% sure that I saved the JPEG format as 16:9, though I found it 4:3. Then I remembered that in the mean time I had used Hangar 360, so that's the only explanation of the sudden change ;)

Reactions: avanti1963
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones