DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard Case recommendation

I use this one from Amazon SYMIK P380-MA2DL

It fits everything in the fly more package and then some:
20210828_174531a.jpg

I have the "122-235mm (4.8″-9.25″) Mavmount Scout" in the far right cutout along with the charger and charger cord, the second layer original cutout (you'll see that on amazon you lift off the top via rope handles) I did not open up has the charging hub, spare blades, extra controller cords, and ND filter case under the remote I have in the cutout the battery to power bank adapter, plus there is an area for loose blades too. Love this case but it's not small and it's not light. Also has a really nice handle, latches and pressure release.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1TenaciousG
I will say that if I don't have a battery in the drone, I will take off the top blades and store them in the loose blade holder. I would be a little afraid of the foam pushing down on the blades distorting them when there is not battery there (same design as all the other cases) when the case is closed.

I use this one from Amazon SYMIK P380-MA2DL

It fits everything in the fly more package and then some:
View attachment 134209

I have the "122-235mm (4.8″-9.25″) Mavmount Scout" in the far right cutout along with the charger and charger cord, the second layer original cutout (you'll see that on amazon you lift off the top via rope handles) I did not open up has the charging hub, spare blades, extra controller cords, and ND filter case under the remote I have in the cutout the battery to power bank adapter, plus there is an area for loose blades too. Love this case but it's not small and it's not light. Also has a really nice handle, latches and pressure release.
Love all of Symik's cases! I have this one for my Mavic Air 2, and 2 of their Mini 2 versions, as well. Great design, lots of room, durable, and not as costly as other brands, that use the exact same outershell, and most of the inner components, as well.

I got the Apache 3800 Hard Case from Harbor Freight for about $24. It had the pick and pluck foam insert but I went on mycasebuilder.com and custom made my own insert. They have the dimensions of the case and you place templates for cutouts over it and the will cut it and send it to you. I love mine, not too big and fits everything. I added a couple of battery holes for future expansion.63639749190__39EB2C6D-E43D-4071-9FCB-9D73049DE360.JPEG

I got the Apache 3800 Hard Case from Harbor Freight for about $24. It had the pick and pluck foam insert but I went on mycasebuilder.com and custom made my own insert. They have the dimensions of the case and you place templates for cutouts over it and the will cut it and send it to you. I love mine, not too big and fits everything. I added a couple of battery holes for future expansion.View attachment 134225
Looks great!! How much was the custom insert? May go this route for my Mavic Air 2.

Hello can any fellow members, recommend a GOOD hard case for a AIR 2S fly more?
Thank you oman

It's a little more expensive than the Lukas but I have been very impressed with the Nanuk cases.

I own 3 of them for my Mavic Air 2, and two different radios. Extremely durable, water tight, and able to be checked as carryon if you fly with your drone.

--Harry

I got the Apache 3800 Hard Case from Harbor Freight for about $24. It had the pick and pluck foam insert but I went on mycasebuilder.com and custom made my own insert. They have the dimensions of the case and you place templates for cutouts over it and the will cut it and send it to you. I love mine, not too big and fits everything. I added a couple of battery holes for future expansion.View attachment 134225

Looks great

I have been toying around with that site - do they have an option for "depth"? so that the foam contours to the bottom of the drone and the gear? Or is it just a 2D cutout

Looks great

I have been toying around with that site - do they have an option for "depth"? so that the foam contours to the bottom of the drone and the gear? Or is it just a 2D cutout
If you email them, they could answer that for sure. I suppose it depends on the depth of your chosen case although the drone slot on mine is only the depth of the drone itself, it doesn't go all the way through.

Looks great

I have an Apache 3800 from HF, they have three foam layers, the upper two sheets are pick and plug, the one in the bottom not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15