DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anybody ever flown in a national park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely - the thing is, it is just easier to BAN something, than to have to figure out a way to make it work. Typical government bureaucracy!

You group all government agencies together as if they all act the same way. That is simply not the case. At least IMHO, the NPS and BLM does a _great_ job at their jobs.

No they just bring in lots more money.
Heck look at the tour busses. Puking out smoke. Thousands of people putting a huge stress on the park ( man ( aka toylets, garbage.and critter -dogs- type of stresses).
the bus company’s leave lots of money behind. And the tourists spend cash, cc’s in the gift shop. And snack bar.

How much do drone flyers spend??

Again, the point is missed. Transportation is needed for 99.99% of the people to use the park. That is weighted against their impact. Basically, not allowing what you mentioned means no one sees the parks. Not using a done means that 0% of the people won't be able to use the park. So it's is 99.99% ban vs 0% ban that you claim is the same. You act like the NPS is in charge of banning the most people rather then how to let in everyone. Your comparison fails in every aspect.

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
The state where I live (WA, Australia) has recently removed a ban on UAVs in National Parks deciding the CASA rules and the normal park regulatkons re harassing animals, anoying behaviour etc are sufficient. Have not seen one complaint in the press, presume most people have not noticed the change in policy

Not a good argument in my opinion..

So then we should ban cars that travel faster than the posted limit after all people could get hurt so ban them. We should ban boats because.. we should ban drinking alcohol because..The list goes on and on and on. Give a person an inch and who knows what will happen.

Who said anything about banning drones everywhere? There are certain areas where automobiles are forbidden as well for a number of reasons. Time for some of us to put on our big boy pants and get used to being told no, and fly our drones in the numerous areas where drones are allowed.

Who said anything about banning drones everywhere? There are certain areas where automobiles are forbidden as well for a number of reasons. Time for some of us to put on our big boy pants and get used to being told no, and fly our drones in the numerous areas where drones are allowed.
Time for you to put on you big boy pants, and get used to the rapidly shrinking places we actually can fly, and the ever increasing places we are denied for no good reason.

There are certain areas where automobiles are forbidden as well for a number of reasons..
Exactly for a reason. I don’t agree with their reasons.

Time for some of us to put on our big boy pants and get used to being told no, and fly our drones in the numerous areas where drones are allowed.

Or it’s time for us to take our dresses off and stand up for things we believe. Having discussions and disagreeing with rules is how we effect change.. if you don’t support it fine but don’t tell me that I have to accept anything.

Or it’s time for us to take our dresses off and stand up for things we believe. Having discussions and disagreeing with rules is how we effect change.. if you don’t support it fine but don’t tell me that I have to accept anything.
**** straight!

Yes, you should definitely take your dresses off.

You group all government agencies together as if they all act the same way. That is simply not the case. At least IMHO, the NPS and BLM does a _great_ job at their jobs.
The BLM is constantly being sued for not protecting streams and wildlife. They seem to be more worried about appeasing ranchers than protecting 'our' land. It is disgusting.

First of all, if you want to cut back on hours or take time off you will have to submit permit app just like everyone else here. Frankly, it sounds a little selfish to me. More importantly, however, do not discount the value of wasted time!

“Creativity is the residue of time wasted.”
Albert Einstein

View attachment 55589

Chip, you are still in that age group where time is important, when you get older you tend to be more tolerant and any time wasted is still time you're alive. I waste time all day every day...ha. Or maybe I'm just moving slower in general... I'll put aside tomorrow to think about it...ha.

Yes I know it is illegal and no I have not done it before, but I'd be lying if I wasn't extremely tempted. My motto with flying drones has always been to be safe and responsible, which generally means NEVER flying over people, never going LOS, landing when helis are in the area, and notifying respective ATC's if necessary among a few other things. It seems so unnecessary to completely ban drones from national parks because they "disturb the peace". To a point I can understand that as drones can be fairly irritating to some people, but if nobody is around I really don't see the harm. What is your guys opinion on this?
I went camping recently and took my drone to withlacoochee State Forest. There are regularly rangers at the crane campground but I was looking for them on Sunday and nobody seemed to be around so I just flew. I got really high up and did a video of the whole campground which was awesome. Is it legal unknown. Was it fun hellyeah.

I went camping recently and took my drone to withlacoochee State Forest. There are regularly rangers at the crane campground but I was looking for them on Sunday and nobody seemed to be around so I just flew. I got really high up and did a video of the whole campground which was awesome. Is it legal unknown. Was it fun hellyeah.

Thank you for admitting you are one of the "Bad Apples". If I see any bad apples I will report them and watch their "Apples" become "Apple Sauce". But you said a "State Park", is it illegal to fly in State Parks in the State you were flying in? Or National Parks? You might have been legal and just thought you were being a ( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JDawg
Thank you for admitting you are one of the "Bad Apples". If I see any bad apples I will report them and watch their "Apples" become "Apple Sauce". But you said a "State Park", is it illegal to fly in State Parks in the State you were flying in? Or National Parks? You might have been legal and just thought you were being a ( Mod Removed )
Were you a hall monitor in grade school? TA in college?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Horsefly
Sorry Closed.png

696.gif

Reactions: macoman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads