DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone used a lens protector for the camera?

Defo a No-No. If you really want protection and are not that into photography then buy a TACORC UV filter for the Mavic. This contains proper optics and will have little impact on the image. If you are into the photography side then grab a set of the ND filters which will really help with your videos in various lighting conditions. All these will protect the lens and enhance your results at the same time. :)

This doesn't answer your question but I have one similar to that here and I'm wondering the same thing.. I'm concerned about degrading the image quality but I've seen videos of people with broken lens that don't actually impact the quality too much..

This doesn't answer your question but I have one similar to that here and I'm wondering the same thing.. I'm concerned about degrading the image quality but I've seen videos of people with broken lens that don't actually impact the quality too much..
Do you see a professional, semi-professional or even amateur photographer stick a piece of Chinese tempered or gorilla glass to the front of any of their lenses? I am no pro and do not care overly about the pixel-peep result of my footage but I will certainly not knowingly add to its degradation with a bit of cheap Chinese glass to simply protect the lens when I know for and extra $10 I can get something that is designed with proper optics to actually enhance the image. :)

Reactions: MrDavidDude
Yes, you're stating the obvious but I do still wonder what difference it would make to the image quality and at least it will protect the lens from being scratched..

I'm waiting on a set of TACO-RC MC filters so in the meantime, for what it cost, I'll try this cheap bit of Chinese crap and see what difference it makes. :)

Pedro, it is your money and using it will probably not degrade the image much. My point was simply why spend the money when for a few more £ or $ you can get something more fit for purpose, that is all. Not to mention the fact that it physically sticks to the lens, this is probably another reason I personally would not use one but each to their own of course. No harm in trying it. Give some feedback once you have :)

Not going to say I told you so lol :D

Great stuff Pedro, lets hope the weather here clears up a little over the next few days so you can put them to use :)

:) The forecast for tomorrow is perfect down here, unbroken sun and 5 - 6mph winds so bring it on!

20161210_184130_resized.jpg

Get out there tomorrow. I am really looking forward to seeing some footage with the Tacos!

@UrbanPhotoSniper really sorry to have hijacked your thread a little :)

Looking at my Mavic looks like it has a little tab with protective plastic on the back of the gimbal. Is that suppose to be removed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya