DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hawk let me get up close for several pictures, perched on an old Oak tree

Looks like this Cooper's hawk is licking its lips waiting for this whirring, noisy thing to get a bit closer & it'll have a meal... LOL!

Hello ScubaBob,

Wasn’t in RAW, I’m still learning the camera settings but I’ll try RAW on a near flight. Appreciate the information, thanks again.
Paul
Jpeg is a software conversion that works with 256 colors so it takes your image, looks at the colors and basically says, "Well, I don't have that exact blue but I have one that is close so I will use that." With RAW (from any camera), it works with something like 10,000 colors in the spectrum. First, it captures your photo exactly as it appears and then shows you the photo as you shot it. Using software like Adobe's Lightroom you can go back into a raw photo, find a color or part of the spectrum you like but is not as pronounced as desired and you can add more of just that color or part of the spectrum. It isn't Photoshop where you cut and paste images together (Photoshop does have some image processing abilities, too) but instead is a post -processing photo enhancement software. As a scuba diver, we use it all the time because when at depths over 15 feet the water filters out the colors that we can see so everything appears gray but with some lights and Lightroom we can bring the colors back.

Attachments

• IMG_1495-2.jpg
    IMG_1495-2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas