DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HD video

baweber

Reactions
Anyone understand this comment under Image Transmission settings?
"Switch to HD mode - Camera will be automatically switched to Recording Mode when resolution is 1080P. Only 1080P and 2.7k video is supported." Maybe its a translation problem?

The choices are 720P and 1080P. When you choose 1080P the screen says "Recording Resolution is automatically switched to 1080P." Does it mean transmission resolution, not recording resolution? Or is it a way to lock the video recording to only 1080P if you have 1080P or 2.7K selected in the camera control menu? That seems useless, and should be under camera controls, not Transmission settings.

Can the electronics and transmitter only handle 1080P resolution live transmission to the monitor while recording up to 2.7k and not above? Therefore when recording 4k video you can only see 720P live on the monitor. That's my guess.

But the Setting comment says camera will be automatically switched to recording mode, not transmission automatically switched to 1080P. Sounds like the camera starts recording at startup when you use the 1080P setting.

I think it should say under the 720P setting - "Monitor resolution will be 720P for all camera resolution settings."
And for the 1080P setting "Monitor resolution will be 1080P for 1080P and 2.7k resolution settings, and 720P for 720P and 4k resolution settings.

I am guessing that you would use the higher transmission quality mode if you're doing live broadcast for example?
Of course the live broadcast would get recompressed.

I am guessing that you would use the higher transmission quality mode if you're doing live broadcast for example?
Of course the live broadcast would get recompressed.
if you didn't care about recording it on the Mavic yes....otherwise, use the higher res recording and the lower transmission resolution for live streaming....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting