DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Buffalo NY

Rushman

Reactions
Checking in from Buffalo NY, where its more rainy than snowy of late, and our hockey and football teams still stink.

Been flying a P4 for a while, and couldn't resits the portability of the mavic so here I am. Just had it delivered yesterday from the DJI/newegg store, and am now staring at a rain filled weather forecast. Hopefully Sunday.... In the mean time getting all my settings done, and connecting and thinking of what great things are to come (and making sure the android app doesn't crash on me).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome the the DronePilots newest forum Rushman.:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Go Bills? :confused:

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Checking in from Buffalo NY, where its more rainy than snowy of late, and our hockey and football teams still stink.

Been flying a P4 for a while, and couldn't resits the portability of the mavic so here I am. Just had it delivered yesterday from the DJI/newegg store, and am now staring at a rain filled weather forecast. Hopefully Sunday.... In the mean time getting all my settings done, and connecting and thinking of what great things are to come (and making sure the android app doesn't crash on me).
What part of buffalo are you in... I stay in south buffalo not too far from the botanical gardens. Have you found any good spots to fly?

I'm in wheatfield actually. So far best place I've found is over the river off my friend's dock. Niawanda park was recommended by someone on phantompilots.

Reactions: Palindrone
Welcome! Another Buffalonian here. There are some amazing places to fly around WNY if the wind ever lets up!

I hear you. What spots have you found? So far I've liked niawanda park, and off my friend's dock on the niagara river. I'd love to find an accessible (legal) spot on the gorge/lower river.

I hear you. What spots have you found? So far I've liked niawanda park, and off my friend's dock on the niagara river. I'd love to find an accessible (legal) spot on the gorge/lower river.

It depends what you're into. I typically film nature stuff as apposed to buildings and events. A few places I have found very enjoyable to film at are Griffis Sculpture Park, Chestnut Ridge, Strawberry Island, Beaver Island, the Buffalo Harbor area, and as you mentioned Niawanda Park. I've seen people fly near the Gorge but I personally wouldn't because of the steady Helicopter Traffic there.

If you're interested you can check out some of my videos here. KLesika

Let me know if you find anyplace else cool!

Last edited:
It depends what you're into. I typically film nature stuff as apposed to buildings and events. A few places I have found very enjoyable to film at are Griffis Sculpture Park, Chestnut Ridge, Strawberry Island, Beaver Island, the Buffalo Harbor area, and as you mentioned Niawanda Park. I've seen people fly near the Gorge but I personally wouldn't because of the steady Helicopter Traffic there.

If you're interested you can check out some of my videos here. KLesika

Let me know if you find anyplace else cool!

I just bought a Mavic last weekend can't wait for the weather to improve to get it in the air. I'm just curious what experiences you've had with calling any of the airports or ATC. Anyone giving you issues, is it fairly painless?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Go Bills? :confused:

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
Speaking of that manual, the one I got with my Mavic Pro, you need a microscope to read it. Is it online anywhere? I will google it also

I’m from Buffalo/ Niagara Falls myself, I feel your pain with the Bills/Sabres

Welcome to the forum, @wwelch315!

I'm just curious what experiences you've had with calling any of the airports or ATC. Anyone giving you issues, is it fairly painless?
You can find some tips for notifying nearby airports here.

Reactions: Palindrone
Does anyone from buffalo/ Niagara Falls area get together? I’ve only had mine a few days, would love to learn from someone with experience. I only see fixed wing clubs around here. Are there any for quads?

Does anyone from buffalo/ Niagara Falls area get together? I’ve only had mine a few days, would love to learn from someone with experience. I only see fixed wing clubs around here. Are there any for quads?
Bump

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic! Fly safe and have fun!

South Buffalo right down the street from the Botanical Gardens, checking in for the first time. Are there any repair centers in the area? I have a Mavic Air, and if anything should...well lets not talk about it lol. Is there anything in Buffalo for repair, or am I stuck shipping it out?

Also, this :) -

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31