DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Louisiana! Multi-state drone restriction

Unit0505

Reactions
I've flown drones for a couple of years now and I've never seen a TFR this large and for two months. Any idea wth is going on? This says to me that all Recreational Drones are grounded..am I reading this correctly?
Screenshot_20220321-191307_B4UFLY.jpg

Last edited:
I've flown drones for a couple of years now and I've never seen a TFR this large and for two months. Any idea wth is going on? This says to me that all Recreational Drones are grounded..am I reading this correctly?
View attachment 145576
Very odd. The description says it's an area with a two-mike radius, but the restriction applies to an odd area, very large that reaches five states.

I think that two-mile circle is the Space-X facility at MacGregor, TX.

Last edited:
I was just reading the linked article. Does the FAA always type official things like a teenager on tik toc? Everything is acronyms or abbreviations that make it a real pain to read.

I looked on my B4Ufly just now and I don’t see that. Very odd.

Mike

Doesn’t look that way now on any of the apps (not sure about KittyHawk). Not the first time there was an odd graphic associated with a TFR that was only a few miles in radius.

There are a lot of smaller TFR’s in Texas right now due to fire fighting efforts.

I was just reading the linked article. Does the FAA always type official things like a teenager on tik toc? Everything is acronyms or abbreviations that make it a real pain to read.

I looked on my B4Ufly just now and I don’t see that. Very odd.

Mike
All part of operating in the NAS. Not always easy to learn, but is part of being a pilot. If you only rely on an app to tell you information, you have to take the fallacies it generates also.

TFR’s are listed here:Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's

and you can search for NOTAM’s in your area at this site:

Reactions: Unit0505
2/7233 is still there. It's the Space-X facility on the SW side of McGregor, Texas. But now the two-mile radius is shown correctly without the huge five-state applicable area on B4YOUFLY.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 082527.jpg

Reactions: Faster
Very odd. The description says it's an area with a two-mike radius, but the restriction applies to an odd area, very large that reaches five states.

I think that two-mile circle is the Space-X facility at MacGregor, TX.
That could be the trigger for the TFR. SpaceX is planning to do the first test flight of their Starship rocket soon, perhaps even this month. They may be just be waiting for the final environmental approval.

TCS

That could be the trigger for the TFR. SpaceX is planning to do the first test flight of their Starship rocket soon, perhaps even this month. They may be just be waiting for the final environmental approval.

TCS
It is Space-X. The weirdness was that yesterday the notice for this 2-mile diameter TFR was coming up in B4YOUFLY in a blob-shaped area of five states. That's been fixed today.

This IFR has been taken down. Thank you!

No, the 2/7233 is still active and will be until 6/21/22. It's just that the area in which the restriction notice appeared has been corrected to be just the two-mile diameter of the TFR, rather than that big five-state area. If you're looking at an area outside that area, you won't see a notice about it, but it's still active near McGregory, TX.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max