DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from Massachusetts

Bill Wendry

Reactions
Looking forward to learning from your user experiences! I’m an older beginner (72 yrs old,,,, yikes) but still pretty young in the brain. I‘m a retired Engineer/Physics/Math teacher who is as curious as a teenager when it comes to technologically cool toys. Hope to hear from some like-minder users!

Hi, Cyborg... I have a mini at the moment, but looking into an Air 2 (since my main hobby these days is photography.) I’ve already downloaded the Mavic Mini Manual, have read it, and follow a number of YouTube reviewers who seem to be on top of the hobby. I do, however, would like to tap into your experience and ask you if you’ve ever heard of the website ...

superdroneplanet

they sell DJI drones at a pretty good discount, but I’ve never heard anything about them whatsoever. Have you?

Welcome to our forum, from Texas.

Never heard of the site you mentioned. You'll find that the Mini almost flies itself, but the Mini, at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back. Glad you've read your manual.

Practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions. We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Glad you've joined us!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Where in the Bay State are you located ?? And trust me 71 is NOT OLD, as I speak from experience ;)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Where in the Bay State are you located ?? And trust me 71 is NOT OLD, as I speak from experience ;)
Born in Chicopee, now live in Holyoke, MA

Born in Chicopee, now live in Holyoke, MA
Between Westover and Barnes there is a LOT of controlled airspace. Some area of MT Tom is out of the controlled airspace.

If you haven't already done so think about getting AirMap and KittyHawk apps to check controlled airspace.
See FAA UAS Data on a Map is also a site to checkout. If you zoom in you will see even thou MT Tom Reservation is under a grid the actual controlled airspace only covers a small percentage of the grid (lower right corner)
1595416595267.png

Last edited:
Looking forward to learning from your user experiences! I’m an older beginner (72 yrs old,,,, yikes) but still pretty young in the brain. I‘m a retired Engineer/Physics/Math teacher who is as curious as a teenager when it comes to technologically cool toys. Hope to hear from some like-minder users!

Welcome. I am also a retired photography hobbyist from Massachusetts. (Near Boston). Have a Mavic 2 Pro and a few Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Hello Massachusetts. Born and raised in Fall River. But have called Swansea Massachusetts my hometown for the last 25 years and counting.

Hi Bill,

Larry Aubin here. I live in Uxbridge, MA. Uxbridge is South of Worcester on the RI border. How close/far are you?

I'm a near future owner of a Mavic Air 2 that I'll have tomorrow. I have an old drone from like 8 years ago and haven't used it in almost the same time. I had trouble operating it and gave up. The Mavic Air 2 is a huge step up especially with all the sensors which will make flying it so much easier.

Right now I'm trying to find the largest phone or smallest tablet that I can use with the controller.

Stay safe.

Larry Aubin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d