DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

hello from south africa

nabzo

Reactions
hello fellow mavic pro pilots .

recently got my mavic pro had a nice look at it and amazed by how small it is with so advanced technology . dji could have done better on the gimbal and the ribbon that sticks out .

overall im happy just wondering how you all packing your dji mavic bag ?everything seems to be very cramped

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: nabzo
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum nabzo .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hello from a fellow South African. Recently got my Mavic, absolutely love it, fantastic drone, amazing video! Have a lot to learn I can see...:)

Reactions: nabzo and dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Dirk .:)

@DirkJT hope you enjoying this bird ,... Im loving it ... the gesture feature is the best . I enjoy now the cycling even more !

@DirkJT hope you enjoying this bird ,... Im loving it ... the gesture feature is the best . I enjoy now the cycling even more !

Loving it, however I have had a small hick-up with the camera, is does not work properly, so it has to go back. :(:(:( Hope I am not without it for too long. It flies absolutely beautifully.

Greeting chaps

Word of caution watch the SA birds (feathered variety) they are pretty aggressive re Mavic ( well maybe non feathered could also be depending). Mavic can take a hit or 2 and are pretty tough.

Had two separate incidents. First with kite and had to run like crazy (eventually put down hard in bush to get away)

Second with Egyptian Geese

Mavic recovered on two hits (Spun and levelled off).

Climbed to avoid and though it was over

Mavic only went down on third attack when prop was dislodged.

Using the controller to locate drone worked pretty well as it was about 300 meters in thick bush

If you can see drone clearly and attacked climb if possible very quickly birds cannot climb as fast and switch to sport and get clear.

I have now put prop guards on when flying low in the bush so if it happens again props wont be dislodged.

Also have drilled extra holes in gimble bubble for additional cooling at the back and have that on, as gimble is very delicate and bracket was bent in one incident. Straightened and now OK

Happy flying

Reactions: jasoraso
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan