DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hello from South Florida.

I have published this information before but here are maps of some of my favorite places to fly. As always, I fly stealth- e.g.: take off and land rapidly , hide in the shade oe behind a structure, stay away from people of possible, especially if any uniform appears (even the lawn keeper).View attachment 140907View attachment 140908View attachment 140909
No wonder we all love this Forum with help like this. Shame I’m in rainy U.K. but with luck we’ll be out in the State (other side though, Naples) in the Spring.

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Reactions: MA2 317
Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air:
  • The current Mavic Air manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Thank you!! This is all very helpful and much appreciated 😊

Reactions: MA2 317
South Florida is a very large area.
I’m in Boca Raton and have traveled about 2 hours in any given direction looking for places to practice that are beautiful and legal to fly with a good wireless connection. A few places I’ve been is out to J.W. Corbett, which is pretty but had bad wireless connection, Key Largo, which is beautiful but it seems you need to launch from a boat and little parks along the intracoastal. Tradewinds park is pretty but alot of people playing frisbee golf and many are annoyed when they see a drone around them. People on this site have been helpful and generous sharing places they like in the area.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos