DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help 4No. Motor Error message!!!!

JDHudsn

Reactions
I recently purchased a drone off a buddy who works for the boarder patrol and I believe it was used illegally as a spotter for human trafficking all of the lights were covered with black duck tape!! Well the drone was crashed in the mountains about 7 miles from any roads. This is the second drone this year my buddy has come across. Since he already had one I convinced him I was interested in the drone and I wanted to fix it. I will not lie I know absolutely nothing about this DJI Mavic Pro but I am not afraid to study up. When I start the controller and get the drone ready for take-off I receive an error message saying 4No. Motor Error. Now I have done some extensive searching and I cannot figure out what motor is #4. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• 102B5472-435C-4A0E-8769-93D7BA83C367.png
    102B5472-435C-4A0E-8769-93D7BA83C367.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • FB886CB3-FE04-4FA6-A9AA-AF2061F745A3.png
    FB886CB3-FE04-4FA6-A9AA-AF2061F745A3.png
    663 KB · Views: 34
Looks like you're going to have to replace the arm which has the number for motor on it looks like your ECS and motor or bad probably broke when it crashed

I recently purchased a drone off a buddy who works for the boarder patrol and I believe it was used illegally as a spotter for human trafficking all of the lights were covered with black duck tape!! Well the drone was crashed in the mountains about 7 miles from any roads. This is the second drone this year my buddy has come across. Since he already had one I convinced him I was interested in the drone and I wanted to fix it. I will not lie I know absolutely nothing about this DJI Mavic Pro but I am not afraid to study up. When I start the controller and get the drone ready for take-off I receive an error message saying 4No. Motor Error. Now I have done some extensive searching and I cannot figure out what motor is #4. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
You could also look into @Thunderdrones doing the work on it, or he probably has the parts if you want to do it yourself. How is the camera/gimbal assembly, does all that still work? It would be cool to see the DATs off that thing:)!

Would be cool to see the flight data, I wonder where it took off from [emoji5]

Reactions: MavicCF
Also let me get this correct your friend works for the Department of Homeland Security and is selling illegal drones that he finds on his Patrol?
I'm sure the Department of Homeland Security would not look kindly upon such a thing

Reactions: Squamer
You could also look into @Thunderdrones doing the work on it, or he probably has the parts if you want to do it yourself. How is the camera/gimbal assembly, does all that still work? It would be cool to see the DATs off that thing:)!
I definitely want to do the work. How would I find out what motor is bad? When I power up the drone all motors “twitch”. I think I would help me get a better understanding of the drone as. What exactly is the DATs? I’ll see what I can find.

Also let me get this correct your friend works for the Department of Homeland Security and is selling illegal drones that he finds on his Patrol?
I'm sure the Department of Homeland Security would not look kindly upon such a thing
That is a good point. I am fairly confident his superiors looked into the drone before handing it over back to him. Would be very difficult to prove it is an illegal drone I would think...

Not really with the flight records stored on the AC.

I definitely want to do the work. How would I find out what motor is bad? When I power up the drone all motors “twitch”. I think I would help me get a better understanding of the drone as. What exactly is the DATs? I’ll see what I can find.
The DAT files are flight logs stored in the Mavic that give all the details of flight, including takeoff point and flight routes. We could also tell which motor is bad. I’ll upload a link on how to retrieve them once I get back to my computer. Just curious where it’s been:)!-CF

The twitch is normal on startup.
Do the motors turn freely? no grit or binding binding etc?.
For the most part. It seems if one motor has the slightest resistance.

After I figure out the .dat file hopefully it confirms what motor is the issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid