DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Mavic crashed on roof!

I got another Mavic. I've spent 3k on a 1k drone in less than a week, the footage I get better be amazing...

Maybe this is one of the reasons DJI says the use of a 3rd party app voids the warranty?? ;)

Use of the third party application did not crash the Mavic. This is a common pilot error. One of the big ones.. not setting flights high enough to clear obstacles. It happens fairly often.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

more dollars than sense

if you don't test out the features it's your fault, not the app

need to enforce beginner mode for x amount of minutes to ensure people have a clue when flying

Reactions: MavicMo and Colin
It is strange to see how some people appeal with their stuff (in that case Mavic).
Just crash it and got another one. And destroy next one. I am will not be surprised if in future drones will be banned at all because of such persons.
I saw some crazy Vloggers crash their Drones and take it with smile in their face.

Reactions: ixmph9 and Colin
Hi. I was just in Prague. Amazing place. Your best bet it to bribe your way in. Call them again and offer 2500 crowns. It will cost that much to ship anyway. Be persuasive. Sorry about this. This sucks.

Maybe this is one of the reasons DJI says the use of a 3rd party app voids the warranty?? ;)
Where do they say this please?

DJI provide a SDK which the 3rd party apps are all built on. I do not believe I have seen a single case where DJI have not honored warranty issues if using a 3rd part app like Litchi or seen any statement that says using a 3rd party app voids the warranty.

I got another Mavic. I've spent 3k on a 1k drone in less than a week, the footage I get better be amazing...
So we have poor old utahlasvegas with his lost mavic in the middle of nowhere with talk and kind offers of a search and rescue mission involving 4x4s trekking and climbing with no exact location for the drone that may after all be in pieces and then we have EyeofRa who knows the exact location of his downed but fully working mavic but adopts the "fµ (k it I'll just buy another" attitude.
I'm guessing he's the type that received a brand new car from his parents on his 18th birthday as well

Reactions: ixmph9 and damaltor
So we have poor old ...

And we have new member Colin, whose first two messages are on the same thread, replying to the same message actually, throwing sand on other members of the forum. Sometimes travel commitments or other constraints unfortunately get in the way of fetching toys from rooftops. Yes, it's a relatively expensive toy but it's a toy nonetheless. Perhaps both EyeofRa and utahlasvegas will be able to get back to their toys after their travels are done.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
And we have new member Colin, whose first two messages are on the same thread, replying to the same message actually, throwing sand on other members of the forum. Sometimes travel commitments or other constraints unfortunately get in the way of fetching toys from rooftops. Yes, it's a relatively expensive toy but it's a toy nonetheless. Perhaps both EyeofRa and utahlasvegas will be able to get back to their toys after their travels are done.
it's just an observation that some of us care about our "toys" whilst others are blase and adopt the easy come easy go, not my fault it was the app attitude, but hey it's just an opinion. I for one hope that utahlasvegas will find his drone or at the very least can meet up with the guys that offered their help and share a drink over a common interest. Have a great Christmas everyone.

Reactions: RobP62 and damaltor
I'm sorry. Isn't this supposed to be the season of good will? The poor guy, regardless of anything else is in a jam. Jeeze.

Life is so much different in foreign countries than in the US. I know, thank you for stating the obvious. But think about it, 2016 or not, this is the Czech Republic. Not Nebraska. To add insult to injury, he's committed to a flight, and again, I'm guessing it's not Southwest Air with free changes. And!, its the busiest travel time of the year.

I really feel for the guy and to be honest, right now, I am so new to this hobby that I've never flown a drone nor do I own one. I will, and it will be a Mavic. Soon. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with as much information as possible so I am more ready when the time comes. Forums are great for that and I'm no stranger to them. How I stumbled in.

So again, right or wrong, incorrect or not, poor judgement or lack of knowledge, whatever, his situation, it definitely sux. It's a tough decision to make but I would likely do the same thing he did too just for the sake of a better vacation if that is the case. And no, I do not have a money tree in the back yard.

Then I would circle back and hope to recover the downed drone and take it from there. Maybe I could get one before leaving or a allie and assess the situation myself (as suggested earlier, great idea by the way). If buying one was an option then more power to him. I bet 90% or more of all the pilots out there have more than one drone.

In any case I wanted to post because I felt compelled to tell the guy, his story sounds like something that would happen to me and good luck, and if I were there I would do what I could to help. In other words I would have his back just because I was a fellow enthusiast.

Rob

My Mavic just crashed on a roof of a tall building because of Litchi app.

I can still connect to the drone but cannot take off because it its "tilted", I am leaving on my vacation tomorrow and the building will not even consider letting me in until monday but my first flight is tomorrow. How can I do an emergency take off? Please help!
I can bet its nothing a fifty dollar bill wont take care of. Just sayin

Reactions: RobP62
You are correct, switching to 'Sport' mode disengages any programmed flight mode and returns to manual mode.
This is good to know, and if I get into a situation and I have to use the sport mode, so I can get out of a bad situation I will surely be using this function.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: RobP62
I watched a YT video last night about the sport mode shuts off the OA. I been flying the phantom 3 pro for about a year and I usually try not to fly in high winds. My house is located on a 11,000 acre lake reservoir. I will avoid flying my Mavic over water till I get the feel and it limitations what it can/can't do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: taptofocus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_