DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help me with this gimbal part!?!

charliebicks

Reactions
Hi there,

I recently crashed the mavic and the gimbal ribbon cable broke which I am replacing. However there is another small part to the gimbal board which snapped off (don't know what it's called), and I don't know if I need to replace it. It's this small piece of plastic like a lip that seemed to prevent the gimbal plate from completely falling out if all elastic bands snapped off? I'm not too sure. Is this part necessary or vital?

Many thanks!

Charlie

Reactions: AlejandroDk
Hi there,

I recently crashed the mavic and the gimbal ribbon cable broke which I am replacing. However there is another small part to the gimbal board which snapped off (don't know what it's called), and I don't know if I need to replace it. It's this small piece of plastic like a lip that seemed to prevent the gimbal plate from completely falling out if all elastic bands snapped off? I'm not too sure. Is this part necessary or vital?

Many thanks!

Charlie

Not sure where you bought your replacement ribbon, but the only ones I trust are OEM DJI and Fstop Labs cables. They always work for me.

Yes you need to replace that L bracket, if you can find it apart from the gimbal plate. Installing it will require you to take off the top body, remove the gimbal top board, unscrew the 2 screws holding in the L bracket, and reverse the process. Here's a video on how to remove the top body. Best to mute your speakers before you watch it.

If you cant find that part alone, you can buy a complete plate assembly from Fstoplabs:

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Vibration Plate Board Replacement Mount Part Assembly OEM | eBay

Here is the part you probably broke off:

1.jpg

The images do not help much and I need to listen to what they do, these two videos helped me to repair the gimbal.

What happened to your gimbal and what did you replace?
My drone I bought it from a guy who crashed it and broke the flat cable and I changed the two cables and that video helped me as a guide, I warn you that the flat cable of the motors is not easy.

I'm change ribbon cable and the metal cable of the camera and also change this thing in the picture

Not sure where you bought your replacement ribbon, but the only ones I trust are OEM DJI and Fstop Labs cables. They always work for me.

Yes you need to replace that L bracket, if you can find it apart from the gimbal plate. Installing it will require you to take off the top body, remove the gimbal top board, unscrew the 2 screws holding in the L bracket, and reverse the process. Here's a video on how to remove the top body. Best to mute your speakers before you watch it.

If you cant find that part alone, you can buy a complete plate assembly from Fstoplabs:

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Vibration Plate Board Replacement Mount Part Assembly OEM | eBay

Here is the part you probably broke off:

View attachment 13288

Yes! That's exactly the part I broke! Okay, I hear you, but why do I actually need to replace it? If I don't what will I lose? I am in mexico so will have to wait a long time before I can get hold of that piece

Yes! That's exactly the part I broke! Okay, I hear you, but why do I actually need to replace it? If I don't what will I lose? I am in mexico so will have to wait a long time before I can get hold of that piece

You dont have to replace it, you can fly it like it is. However, your gimbal plate will have nothing to stop it from tilting and holding it in place. Might get jello effect or other problems like bouncing video.

Reactions: charliebicks
Find me on whatsapp it will be very difficult to write back and forth all the time so I can give you more detail in a conversation you have two options Spanish or English. +45 28846619 Remember that we have hours of difference between Mexico and Denmark.

You dont have to replace it, you can fly it like it is. However, your gimbal plate will have nothing to stop it from tilting and holding it in place. Might get jello effect or other problems like bouncing video.

If you don't have it YOU WILL have jello, not maybe!

Basically nothing keeping your Gimbal from touching the vibrating Chassis.

Reactions: Former Member
Are you going to replace the ribbon cable yourself? If yes, then then L bracket is an easy job because you will have the the top body and gimbal off anyway. The ribbon is not easy to install, compared to the L bracket.

No, I mean, the L bracket is only a bit of plastic. Is it's shape and composition completely vital? at this point i'm not too bothered about the best part for the job only if I can get something to work.

Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic