DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

help on DNG files: it's me or the mavic?

In other news, yesterday I found out that if you zoom in with your Mavic's camera to take a picture of something, the DNG will not be zoomed in like the JPEG would.

In other news, yesterday I found out that if you zoom in with your Mavic's camera to take a picture of something, the DNG will not be zoomed in like the JPEG would.
No point in doing zoom when taking picture. It's only digital and not optical zoom.
And you can zoom later for same result....

I have the same issue which left me confused as well. I have never worked with raw images but expected the resolution to look at least equivalent to jpeg. Unfortunately what I view is highly pixelated comparatively. Could it be the program I used to view the .dng (paint shop pro)?
Disclaimer: first time drone owner and forum poster. Thank you for your expertise and patience!

Your program may be showing the image as a low res preview. Also remember that it is a raw image so you may have to add sharpness to the mix before you burn it as a JPEG.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No point in doing zoom when taking picture. It's only digital and not optical zoom.
And you can zoom later for same result....

I agree. But, although I have light room and Photoshop amazingly I may just zoom in, Shoot the picture, download it to my phone from the DJI app and go from there. I think the technical term is called laziness… LOL

I corrected the WB to neutral but that might be to cold. It is always a matter of taste and esthetics.

The neutral point for me was color of the asphalt on that little road.

You can also click on the icon to correct chromatic aberration, I think it looks like a lens with elements. With my Canon camera it already has a profile for each lens, but you will probably have to do this manually to take out any purples or greens with the sliders. From there I would go to the hue, saturation, and luminance screen and selectively take down the purple and magenta. I was a photo editor in a past life so I don't mean to be too technical.

if you do not have LR or PS then try this free program, it is for RAW but should also do DNG, but I have not tried the DNG files

Raw Therapee

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998