DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!!!!

Reactions
I have a DJI mini 2 it won’t connect to my Iphone for some reason anymore. Worked one day and the next day won’t connect. Keeps saying”RC not connected”
Have changed the cord from drone to phone and still doesn’t work
Can’t do a firmware update because it won’t connect to phone.
Can someone please help??!!
I have watched all videos and reached out to DJI with no avail 😰
My drone is in perfect condition and a year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Have you tried connecting to a different mobile device?

Reactions: Hauptmann
The one that came with the drone DJI C5
Since you have tried different cables (making sure that the cables are data cables and not for charging only) that only leaves an issue with the controller. Make sure there is no obstruction in the controller's connection port. This may be a need for DJI repair. Is by chance still under warranty?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fly App?

Since you have tried different cables (making sure that the cables are data cables and not for charging only) that only leaves an issue with the controller. Make sure there is no obstruction in the controller's connection port. This may be a need for DJI repair. Is by chance still under warranty?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fly App?
Yes we have tried everything
I feel like if I could a firmware update it may solve issue but can’t get phone to connect
Any other ideas on how I could process an update on it?

Yes we have tried everything
I feel like if I could a firmware update it may solve issue but can’t get phone to connect
Any other ideas on how I could process an update on it?
You can try Using a USB cable to connect the remote controller to the PC, then turn the controller on. Start the DJI Assistant 2. Use your DJI account to log in, select the main interface and enter. Click the icon of the DJI smart controller, and select and click the firmware button on the left side of your screen.

I have not tired this myself, but the only thing I can think of trying.

Reactions: MS Coast
You can try Using a USB cable to connect the remote controller to the PC, then turn the controller on. Start the DJI Assistant 2. Use your DJI account to log in, select the main interface and enter. Click the icon of the DJI smart controller, and select and click the firmware button on the left side of your screen.

Thank you will try that now

The Mini 2 comes with the RC-N1 controller.
There are 2 'holes' under the antenna, only the right one is an actual USB-C connector, the left one is just a hole to hold the cable in place when not in use.
.....?!

Thank you will try that now
I don’t own a mini but if that happened to me and my Mavic2 pro I would download the latest fly App and the assistant 2 for consumer drones. I would first connect the controller to the computer and update the controller firmware using Assistant 2. I would then connect the drone to the computer and use Assistant 2 to update the drone firmware. Thirdly I would connect the controller to the device and drone and use the fly App.

I don’t own a mini but if that happened to me and my Mavic2 pro I would download the latest fly App and the assistant 2 for consumer drones. I would first connect the controller to the computer and update the controller firmware using Assistant 2. I would then connect the drone to the computer and use Assistant 2 to update the drone firmware. Thirdly I would connect the controller to the device and drone and use the fly App.
Isn't mavic 2 still dji go?

I don't think you have to login on dji assistant for firmware updates.

Isn't mavic 2 still dji go?
Yes (DJI GO4App). I was typing on my iPad to answer DroneRealtor and did not want to use more words than necessary.
I am sure that DroneRealtor will use the appropriot App and cables to connect the drone to the controller, and I am guessing since I do not use the FlyApp, that the FlyApp will check for the latest firmware and status.

I have a DJI mini 2 it won’t connect to my Iphone for some reason anymore. Worked one day and the next day won’t connect. Keeps saying”RC not connected”
Have changed the cord from drone to phone and still doesn’t work
Can’t do a firmware update because it won’t connect to phone.
Can someone please help??!!
I have watched all videos and reached out to DJI with no avail 😰
My drone is in perfect condition and a year old.
The phone doesn't connect to the aircraft, it connects to the RC. It is doing this or you wouldn't be receiving the message. Try re-linking the aircraft and remote. That is where the connection is missing.

It is doing this or you wouldn't be receiving the message. Try re-linking the aircraft and remote. That is where the connection is missing.
That's incorrect.

The complete message on the screen reads "RC not connected to mobile device".
If the aircraft is not connected to the RC the message would read "Aircraft not connected to RC"
Aircraft not connected_RC not connected.jpg
I see several red flags in DroneRealtor1111's posts:
-Not writing the complete error message
-Have changed the CORD
-Thinking a firmware update would resolve the issue
-I have watched ALL videos... ?
-A DJI C5 controller (doesn't exist)
-We have tried EVERYTHING... ?

Since he hasn't come back here I may assume he resolved the problem by using the correct USB-C connector in the RC-N1 controller instead of the empty hole.
RC-N1_Empty Hole.jpg

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The complete message on the screen reads "RC not connected to mobile device".
If the aircraft is not connected to the RC the message would read "Aircraft not connected to RC"
I would suggest editing your first image. I've never seem both warnings simultaneously displayed. Showing both warnings on one image may confuse people or make it clear in the image itself that those warnings are either or and will not appear simultaneously.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian