DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey there everyone

Mavicflyer519

Reactions
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and I'm really stoked this forum exists. I just bought my Mavic Pro about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have a couple
questions about this drone as it's night and day difference from my P3S but I don't want to sit on hold with DJI Customer Service for 2 hours. Could anyone tell me how, if there is a way, to switch the onboard aircraft memory to the SD card I have in my phone to where the video footage will just store on my phone's card? Thank you in advance.

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and I'm really stoked this forum exists. I just bought my Mavic Pro about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have a couple
questions about this drone as it's night and day difference from my P3S but I don't want to sit on hold with DJI Customer Service for 2 hours. Could anyone tell me how, if there is a way, to switch the onboard aircraft memory to the SD card I have in my phone to where the video footage will just store on my phone's card? Thank you in advance.
Howdy, the original video footage is much too large to transmit and store on your phone, you do get a 720p (or 1080) copy sent to your phone.
Regards,
-d.

Low quality, low bitrate copy is stored on your phone. Nothing that you can really use for any meaningful post work you might plan on doing.

Low quality, low bitrate copy is stored on your phone. Nothing that you can really use for any meaningful post work you might plan on doing.
Hey Bunny and Dodge,

Very good point I didn't even think about the resolution being too high to go directly from the aircraft to the transmitter/phone. Dodge I do notice the quality on the phone being a bit low Vs. The SD card onboard. Thanks a ton to you both.

Howdy, the original video footage is much too large to transmit and store on your phone, you do get a 720p (or 1080) copy sent to your phone.
Regards,
-d.
To be straight up I have no idea. I'll have to look into the camera settings on my drone to see but good point I'm sure resolution makes a huge difference. I have no issues pulling the SD card from the aircraft to transfer the files just wasn't educated as to if the files could go to the phone while in flight. Thank you for your quick response sir.

The video that is cached to the device you are using to connect to the Remote Controller is more suited for showing someone that footage in the field for a quick review. Low Resolution copy of the high resolution that is stored on the Mavic's internal SD card. Its nice to be able to do a quick view of the video without having to pop out the SD card everytime

The video that is cached to the device you are using to connect to the Remote Controller is more suited for showing someone that footage in the field for a quick review. Low Resolution copy of the high resolution that is stored on the Mavic's internal SD card. Its nice to be able to do a quick view of the video without having to pop out the SD card everytime
Yes absolutely I agree. That's what confused me is I knew I was still getting video from the aircraft onto my phone somehow but never thought that it was cache until you posted this. It makes perfect sense if you are wanting to show it, like you said. Thanks a lot for your input.

Reactions: BD0G
Is there a specific way to tell the DJI App to save the Low Res video in the phone? I did it the first time (I dont know how) but could not do it again???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman