DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi all! My Mavic Pro had a fly-away and DJI is giving me Bull.

I just wondering one thing: Do I have a chance to get a replacement?

I got your point, but here's my point you didn't get yet: If it's true that the incident happened was caused by the technical problem, so it means that the mistake came from DJI, do they will send me the replacement?

Honestly, I'm sure that the Mavic fell down by itself. If you think it happened once, nah, it happened twice, in front of my eyes. If you don't believe me, you can check out on Youtube, write down the keywords "Mavic Incomplete Product". You can see a few suggestions related to this issue.

Happy finding the truth!

I'm not saying the thing is perfect, although since I've owned the "competition" it's definitely better than them. I got a replacement and I'm sure there are more stories of people being taken care of than those of people being refused. The old adage is true, a satisfied customer tells one person, maybe two, a dissatisfied customer tells everyone.

As far as the "truth" goes, do a you tube search, "the Mavic is awesome", "the Mavic is the best drone ever", etc and I bet you'll get a ton of hits there too. Besides a lot of those negative videos are getting pretty old. There have been SEVERAL firmware updates, app updates and manufacturing improvements since then.

Again, being someone that has worked retail and in the service industry I need certain things to provide you with service. If you refuse to provide those to me, you won't get my service. No matter how much you complain or post on message boards. No matter how many you tube videos there are or how many other consumers agree with you.

My advice to you is to at least provide them with the information they requested, in the format they requested it in. Give them some time to go over it and then complain if you feel you're being treated unfairly. My experience with them has been overall positive. I got reasonably quick responses to email, my hold times weren't very long when I called and they resolved my situation to my satisfaction once I provided the information they requested.

I don't think they are perfect but I don't think they deserve some of the negative press they get here and elsewhere. I had heard so much negative information about DJI that I stuck with Solo far longer than I should have (3 more units). Then I bought a Karma because I didn't want to deal with their "draconian" NFZs and "horrible" customer service. The Karma isn't close to as good as the Mavic and GoPro customer service is the worse! I literally messaged them without response several times and sat on hold for over an hour. I'm sorry but I now am convinced that a lot of it is unreasonable customers, hated of the top dog, and group think.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I truly believe, mostly because they took care of me, that if it was the fault of the equipment, they will take care of you. However again, if you know the crash was your fault, the logs will show it and they won't help you. Speaking of searches, do a search on this forum of crashes where people claim it's DJI's fault, post the logs and even the guys here have to tell them they screwed up. There's a thread right now about a guy in Hong Kong.

Reactions: MavicBouvier
I’m flew Mavic Pro for at least 6 months regularly and mostly in Western Australia.

If there are few things that I have learnt are these:

1. You must pay close attention to the environment and the flight paths you intend to take. Example avoid flying close buildings and don’t fly when it’s too windy. Also stay away from cable lines and roof antennas (interference) Also note that on cold days, your battery life shortens!

Always keep within line of sight. I use DJI goggles if I have to fly beyond 1km. Watch your telemetry closely.

2. Be discipline enough to walk through a checklist prior take off. Example I calibrate my compass every time I turn on my Mavic. Adjust your RTH height accordingly.

The above points are by no means exhaustive.

Good advice, except for calibrating compass every time before you fly. Only re-calibrate your compass if requested by the AC or you move to a location far away from where you calibrated your compass. For example, you calibrate in Perth and then you bring it to Sydney.

Reactions: Flycaster
Good advice, except for calibrating compass every time before you fly. Only re-calibrate your compass if requested by the AC or you move to a location far away from where you calibrated your compass. For example, you calibrate in Perth and then you bring it to Sydney.

Exactly! It's clearly in the manual. Guys are bringing habits from older drones to the Mavic. The unit will request any calibrations it needs.

Reactions: Flycaster
I'm in the same sinking boat. I was flying at night and wasn't even controlling just hovering. And all of a sudden I get aircraft disconnected etc. An hour later I find the mess the mavic had flown away at 60 kph and smacked a steel grain bin. It's on its last flight, to California. Has anyone tried "FIGHTING" DJI for at least a discount on new aircraft?

I'm in the same sinking boat. I was flying at night and wasn't even controlling just hovering. And all of a sudden I get aircraft disconnected etc. An hour later I find the mess the mavic had flown away at 60 kph and smacked a steel grain bin. It's on its last flight, to California. Has anyone tried "FIGHTING" DJI for at least a discount on new aircraft?

I actually still have a code they gave me for 15% off a drone only. They gave that up pretty easy when I was still in the, "I'm not sending any more info, give me a new drone now!" stage.

I finally, took a deep breath, sent the info, they determined that it was "iffy" but offered to send me a new one if I purchased care refresh and paid the fee. Then I had to admit that I was too lazy to have retrieved it from the river. I could have but didn't want to get wet. So then a couple emails later they took care of me anyway for $180. Even though, looking back it was totally my fault. The logs clearly show that I ran it into the bridge because I confused another guy's Mavic for mine! Hahaha!

I actually still have a code they gave me for 15% off a drone only. They gave that up pretty easy when I was still in the, "I'm not sending any more info, give me a new drone now!" stage.

I finally, took a deep breath, sent the info, they determined that it was "iffy" but offered to send me a new one if I purchased care refresh and paid the fee. Then I had to admit that I was too lazy to have retrieved it from the river. I could have but didn't want to get wet. So then a couple emails later they took care of me anyway for $180. Even though, looking back it was totally my fault. The logs clearly show that I ran it into the bridge because I confused another guy's Mavic for mine! Hahaha!

Couldn’t sleep at night if I lied like that to get a replacement.

Couldn’t sleep at night if I lied like that to get a replacement.

What lies? I truly thought it was their fault until I looked at the logs. I thought my drone was just flying by itself but I was looking at another Mavic! Hahaha! Then I thought there was interference from the second controller. When they sent me the log break down, I could see that I had "piloted" right into the bridge! Oops! They offered the Care Refresh option which I accepted. However, I'd like to examine all you holier than thou types on forums. It always amazes me how some of you can claim to have never lied, cheated or stolen anything in your lives. You're all so perfectly responsible. You never speed, break any laws or become distracted while driving. You have never lied to a spouse, parents or anyone. You always follow all the rules at all times...right. Even Jesus made mistakes and lost his temper. I guess you could teach him a few lessons!

Btw I couldn't sleep at night if a was a fan of a team lead by a sexist piece of garbage!

I don’t care what you do. How you go about your life is your business (unless you want to do business with me). As for how I live my life, I’m not perfect. Honesty is something I strive for, though, and it has served me well through almost 3 decades of marriage and work life.

It was pretty dumb of DJI to offer you care refresh after you refused to send them the flight logs. Everyone else can now understand, though, why they make the demands they do to provide warranty replacements.

Nice story, hope mine ends similar DJI wouldn't have to force me to get DJI care refresh this time! I'm willing to put out up to $400 cad. Maybe even refurbished aircraft. Thanks for some hope. Ps. I like panther fans life speech. :D

I don’t care what you do. How you go about your life is your business (unless you want to do business with me). As for how I live my life, I’m not perfect. Honesty is something I strive for, though, and it has served me well through almost 3 decades of marriage and work life.

It was pretty dumb of DJI to offer you care refresh after you refused to send them the flight logs. Everyone else can now understand, though, why they make the demands they do to provide warranty replacements.

You should strive for better reading comprehension...

1. I fly my Mavic into a bridge.

2. Contacted DJI because I truly believed it was equipment failure.

3. Sent them the wrong info and didn't follow the directions (I have admitted that-honesty, right?)

4. They gave me a discount on a drone only to mollify me.

5. I took a deep breath and sent the info they wanted correctly.

6. They looked it over and decided that it was my fault but that the second Mavic may have interfered with mine.

7. Offered to allow me purchase and use care refresh.

8. Sent me a new unit even though I didn't have the crashed one.

I get that you think you're so perfectly honest but I'd like to imagine that you don't believe that you never make mistakes. I'm trying to illustrate that DJI is a pretty decent company to deal with and have HONESTLY admitted, even though I didn't have to, to making some mistakes. You've turned this into an assassination of my character in general. Which I personally find distasteful. "He without sin, cast the first stone".

Said I wasn’t perfect. Said I didn’t care what you did. You asked me questions. I answered. Glad you clarified what happened.

Said I wasn’t perfect. Said I didn’t care what you did. You asked me questions. I answered. Glad you clarified what happened.

"Couldn’t sleep at night if I lied like that to get a replacement."

You called me a liar! I had already explained what happened in detail. You decided to judge me based on your misunderstanding of the facts. I understood that it painted me in a bad light as an idiot but I am not a liar! I made a mistake and owned up to it once I saw the evidence. I accepted their gracious offer with gratitude and humility, something you lack Judgy Mc Judgerton! I'm glad I'm not one of your kids or spouse, what that must be like...whew!

My main goal was to offer an alternate viewpoint to "DJI customer service sucks" by witnessing the positive experience that I had once I swallowed my pride and realized my mistakes. I honestly apologized to the CSR I had dealt with and thanked him for all of his patience and help.

Nice story, hope mine ends similar DJI wouldn't have to force me to get DJI care refresh this time! I'm willing to put out up to $400 cad. Maybe even refurbished aircraft. Thanks for some hope. Ps. I like panther fans life speech. :D

I truly hope that they give you some relief! As far as that guy goes, it reminds me of talking to the cops back in the hood as a black man. You're automatically lying because of who you are. It's a position I really take umbrage with.

"Couldn’t sleep at night if I lied like that to get a replacement."

You called me a liar! I had already explained what happened in detail. You decided to judge me based on your misunderstanding of the facts. I understood that it painted me in a bad light as an idiot but I am not a liar! I made a mistake and owned up to it once I saw the evidence. I accepted their gracious offer with gratitude and humility, something you lack Judgy Mc Judgerton! I'm glad I'm not one of your kids or spouse, what that must be like...whew!

My main goal was to offer an alternate viewpoint to "DJI customer service sucks" by witnessing the positive experience that I had once I swallowed my pride and realized my mistakes. I honestly apologized to the CSR I had dealt with and thanked him for all of his patience and help.

I apologize. I read your statement incorrectly and assumed, which I should not have. No excuse.

I apologize. I read your statement incorrectly and assumed, which I should not have. No excuse.
Good on you. Remember, its not lying if you didnt know you were lying.
Its what you do after you realize you were wrong that makes a difference. BUT, that is what Karma is for. :D

Good on you. Remember, its not lying if you didnt know you were lying.
Its what you do after you realize you were wrong that makes a difference. BUT, that is what Karma is for. :D

Exactly my point! I can be a very negative person. People close to me blame PTSD as the cause or my upbringing. I am really trying to be more patient and understanding of other people and to not judge them without at least knowing the facts. Even then, I tend to leave the judgements to the judges whenever I can.

Thank you! I appreciate that. I was once a horrible person but between the Army, where I learned discipline, respect and honor and my faith, where I learned humility, forgiveness and patience I've tried to be a better man in all things. I often fall short but I'll never give up trying.

Are you all just gonna ignore Judgy McJudgerton! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

He must be related to Drony McDroneface!!

Not *always* the case, but in general this is correct. I have heard of people getting a replacement via Refresh if the Mavic is lost but the flight data shows an error. Again, the exception, not the rule.

OP: So sorry -- My guess is the battery pooped out when it crashed and someone has your Mavic. In the future, you may want to looks at a remote mod to pump that signal up some. The Mavic's signal penetration in quite good, but if I was flying in your environment a lot I'd get the mod. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
I hsve exchanged my mavic numerius times and only had dji refresh on 1st one but mine was replaced when flrw away but i was in countryside

The real cause is unlikely to be identified yet it has to be said, fly in those environments and you are asking for trouble for all the reasons stated. Dare I say I think WE ALL have a duty to follow the codes of conduct [some praise on here for 'grabbing' the great foto!] before the the hobby gets so regulated you make it out of reach for many. Those codes go some way to protect your asset.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom