DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi, from Buenos Aires, Argentina

LeoLob

Reactions
Hi, everyone.

I am Leo, from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I bought Mavic Pro and send it to my cousin house in New York. I will travel next week. Cant wait!!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170301/UserManual/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual_en_v1.4.pdf

HI Leo.

Diego from Salta , Argentina .

You will be surprised by the how stable and rock solid the Mavic is in the air, even in nusty wind.

Take care.

Reactions: LeoLob
Hi, everyone.

I bought Mavic Pro and send it to my cousin house in New York. I will travel next week. Cant wait!!!!
did you have any issues bringing it back into Argentina with you? i am traveling there next week and un sure of the drone laws

Hi Leo. Better make sure your cousin doesn't get to playing around with it before u get there. He may fall in love with it and you will never get it back.

jajajaja

No, my cousing knows that if she put her hands in my Mavic, y will cut her hands, jajajaj

did you have any issues bringing it back into Argentina with you? i am traveling there next week and un sure of the drone laws

Hi.

If you are NOT argentine, you will NOT have problem to bring it to Argentina.

The "problem" is only for us, argentines: we must to pay 50% of the value in taxes when we come back from another country with any object that cost more than U$S 300.

Respect out laws of using a Drone, the law said that you must to register your aircraft in the ANAC (Asociación Nacional de Aviación Civil, or National Asociation of Civil Flying), and you must register yourself as the remote pilot.

Unfortunately, in Argentina any law its very respect. I dont know anyone that use a drone registered in ANAC, and nothing happends.

When you will visit Argentina, and wich Cities you will planning to stay?

Welcome to my country.

HI Leo.

Diego from Salta , Argentina .

You will be surprised by the how stable and rock solid the Mavic is in the air, even in nusty wind.

Take care.

Hi, Diego (por respeto al resto del foro te respondo en inglés, jajja).

Yes, I am very very surprised for the stability of the Mavic. I used it in Conney Island, Brooklyn, in a very windy day at the beach, and the Mavic was "nailed in the air". Its amazing!!!

Reactions: EJay
Hi.

If you are NOT argentine, you will NOT have problem to bring it to Argentina.

The "problem" is only for us, argentines: we must to pay 50% of the value in taxes when we come back from another country with any object that cost more than U$S 300.

Respect out laws of using a Drone, the law said that you must to register your aircraft in the ANAC (Asociación Nacional de Aviación Civil, or National Asociation of Civil Flying), and you must register yourself as the remote pilot.

Unfortunately, in Argentina any law its very respect. I dont know anyone that use a drone registered in ANAC, and nothing happends.

When you will visit Argentina, and wich Cities you will planning to stay?

Welcome to my country.

Oh Okay that makes sense. Thank you for your detailed reply. It was really helpful, i'm planning to arrive next week in Buenos Aires, and I have a few things on my list like Mendoza and salta, and a few other things as I am visiting a good friend who is studying at Uni there :)

Hi, Diego (por respeto al resto del foro te respondo en inglés, jajja).

Yes, I am very very surprised for the stability of the Mavic. I used it in Conney Island, Brooklyn, in a very windy day at the beach, and the Mavic was "nailed in the air". Its amazing!!!

Wind ? MP takes it like a champ !!!

But , if i get a couple "wind warnings" ... I am going down to less jumpy air !!! :)

Lets see some footage !!!

Oh Okay that makes sense. Thank you for your detailed reply. It was really helpful, i'm planning to arrive next week in Buenos Aires, and I have a few things on my list like Mendoza and salta, and a few other things as I am visiting a good friend who is studying at Uni there :)

Mike:

A far as i know, no issues to tourist with drones.

As LeoLob stated, the law is there , but I dont know anyone registered , I am not.

Just fly using common sense .

If you come to Salta , gimme a call, happy to help you with anything you may need.

Diego

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
Mike:

A far as i know, no issues to tourist with drones.

As LeoLob stated, the law is there , but I dont know anyone registered , I am not.

Just fly using common sense .

If you come to Salta , gimme a call, happy to help you with anything you may need.

Diego

Thanks for that!

Keen to see your beautiful country

Thanks for that!

Keen to see your beautiful country

Please, remember that there are so many insecurity in Buenos Aires, specially in downtown (we call "Microcentro"). Burglars who ride un motorcycles and pick up your phone and run away.

Keep your eyes always on your cell phone, your camera, and of course, your drone.

I think in Mendoza and Salta (DiegoSalta can tell you) the situation is less complicated than Buenos Aires, but here, in Capital Federal (Capitol City) you can take a walk, but always paying attention around you.

Welcome again.

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
Hi! I am Shanks from the US. Am visiting argentina December 30th through the January 1st.

I wanted to ask if -
1. I can get my Mavic Pro to Argentina
2. At this point I am a bit late to register so can I bring it without one?

Ill appreciate you guys helping me out with it.

S

Hi, everyone.

Howdy from Wyoming LeoLob, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I am an American and just entered Argentina with my drone. If you are familiar with customs at Buenos Aires you will know that there is virtually no check of luggage you bring in. So no questions asked about bringing in a drone. But even if they did check it is not prohibited. As a foreigner there is no duty to pay either. It is a personal possession. I did try to fly my drone today. There is a great park in Belgrano/Palermo (Palermo Park) with a lot of open space. I thought it would be a perfect place to fly from. Unfortunately it is also very close to the Jorge Newberry Airport. Once I calibrated the compass on my Mavic Pro it came up with a message saying that I was in a "No Fly Zone" + "Jorge Newberry Airport" and the motors would not start. Pretty smart drone, much to my disappointment. I will need to find another park to fly from away from the airport.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998