DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Hampton Roads, VA!

Atong

Reactions
Hello members, I live in Hampton Roads, VA about 25 miles east of the biggest Naval Base in the world!

I've owned a couple toy mini-copters, Syma X5c, a Ryze Tello and a generic Spark and enjoyed flying around the house/backyard pestering the wife and dog lol!

Which brings me to the Mavic and after a lot of online research, I decided the Mavic 2 would be the next logical step up. Just ordered one and looking forward to it all arriving and being part of the community.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello members, I live in Hampton Roads, VA about 25 miles east of the biggest Naval Base in the world!

I've owned a couple toy mini-copters, Syma X5c, a Ryze Tello and a generic Spark and enjoyed flying around the house/backyard pestering the wife and dog lol!

Which brings me to the Mavic and after a lot of online research, I decided the Mavic 2 would be the next logical step up. Just ordered one and looking forward to it all arriving and being part of the community.
Welcome to the forum! You’re gonna love your new Mavic 2. I’d encourage you to read as much as you can on this forum-especially about people having problems - it has served me and many others as a great source of information about what not to do and to explain why the Mavic does what it does ...or alternatively, why it doesn’t do what you think it should do.

I grew up in your area and have been interested in capturing some aerial shots of my old stomping grounds using my M2Z. I recently checked the Go4 geo zones map to see if the areas I was interested in flying were clear to fly, given the large military base footprints in the area, and was pleased to see most areas of interest were non-restricted. Hopefully the areas you want to fly are similarly non-restricted.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic 2, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Also. please take a minute and enter your location on your profile. It will better help us to help you. Here is a link on how to update your location:

Please update your locations! Its so easy to do...

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome,
I'm new around here too. Waiting on M2Z ordered from DJI a week ago. Live in South Mills, NC but comunite to Virginia Beach to work. I've had the Phantom Pro 2 and Mavic Pro but never flown the mini drones like you were talking about. Was intrested in possibly getting one of those at some point but was looking for the position sensor stability we have in the bigger drones. Tello maybe?

I've had the Phantom Pro 2 and Mavic Pro but never flown the mini drones like you were talking about. Was intrested in possibly getting one of those at some point but was looking for the position sensor stability we have in the bigger drones. Tello maybe?
The Tello is the smallest available drone with a DJI flight controller. It does have a Vision Positioning System like all of the other consumer DJI drones.

Welcome,
I'm new around here too. Waiting on M2Z ordered from DJI a week ago. Live in South Mills, NC but comunite to Virginia Beach to work. I've had the Phantom Pro 2 and Mavic Pro but never flown the mini drones like you were talking about. Was intrested in possibly getting one of those at some point but was looking for the position sensor stability we have in the bigger drones. Tello maybe?
The Tello is the best flying mini-drone I have ever tried. It is very stable and predictable for indoor flying. I even took it out in a light breeze and it had no problem holding position:). I recommend getting a controller if you decide to get one.

Welcome from Smithfield! Howdy Neighbor

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard