DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Iceland

Sublime

Reactions
Hello fellow captains o7

I am operating from Reykjavik with my DJI Mavic 3 Classic and occasionally my Mini 2.

I absolutely love flying my drones, messing around as well as taking pictures and videos which has given me immense joy and newfound perspective of both the nature landscape and urban scenery of my country.

I have also started dipping my toes into photogrammetry and drone related freelancing (still hopelessly hoping there will be SDK support for consumer Mavic3!).
I am also tech/electronics/software/tinkerer guy for over 30 years. If there isn't a solution available, I usually make one available.

Happy to meet you all :)

Welcome aboard. I live a a highly restricted area and flying is limited. Moving to south Carolina next year after I retire. I see so many opportunities in Iceland. Such a beautiful open place. I was stationed in Keflavic in 84.
Are there a lot of restrictions there?
Hi Shuttersky and thank you.
We have the standard EU regulations here, mandatory registration for use of drone, 120m height limit etc. There are "please respect No-Fly zone's" areas here and there like over the national park (Thingvellir) and other (understandably) camping and big tourist hotspots. The only places enforced with geo blocks have been places like airports, embassy's, governmental ran buildings etc

I have had no problems getting permission to fly over such "hotspots", courtesy, offering up to send the manager/land owner pictures and videos and behaving professionally gets you far.

I have a V1 M3 Classic so I dodged the RID bullet, for now atleast, since I am planning on buying a RTK drone in the near future for commercial use.

But yes, we have no shortage of beautiful places to put on film, though I am looking forward to travelling and getting more green lush forest, more colorful wildlife and beautiful white beaches in film. I will hopefully get a Hunchback whale on film though soon :)

Welcome aboard. I live a a highly restricted area and flying is limited. Moving to south Carolina next year after I retire. I see so many opportunities in Iceland. Such a beautiful open place. I was stationed in Keflavic in 84.
Are there a lot of restrictions there?

I assume you were in the Navy there. What rate were you while there? I have a few friends who were there, and they were all CTs.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I absolutely love flying my

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr