DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Tampa Fl

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum .:)
Battery's .

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Yes batteries are a good start. I'm across the pond in Clearwater.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

A few extra batteries would be a good idea. While 3 is probably a good number for most pilots, you'll want a battery for about every 24 minutes you plan to fly. So, if you plan to go out and fly for 2 hours at a time, then get 4 batteries total.

Mavic batteries are pretty easy to find now, so you could pick up a few and buy more later if you find you need more.

I'd say batteries and then extended landing gear.

For me, 3 batteries is the sweet spot when considering expense. I have Phantoms with 4 batteries and while it's nice to have 4, I find myself seldom getting to that 4th battery before I have all of the video I need. So, I'd say after 3 the return starts to go down.

You may also want to consider a portable USB charger for the controller, especially if you plan on using 4 batteries on an outing.

I have 4 batteries.

I also have the charger that can charge 3 at once, and I use the factory charger for the 4th. So in an hour I can have all 4 charged and ready to go.

Also keep in mind your flying conditions and how it impacts battery life. If its windy your going to burn through your packs. So its good to have extra power on hand.

How long does it take to recharge them?

It takes about an hour.

Having enough to cycle them is one way to look at it. What I really ended up looking at is how many batteries I need to accomplish what I'm out for. I usually need 1 battery for each location. This means I can fly at 3 different locations in a day. While I'm moving from location to location, I can charge the batteries. If you are out and want to simply fly, fly and fly... then being able to cycle the batteries (use/charge) is more important.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke