DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home button on Iphone

Surcharge

Reactions
Anyone find it hard to unlock the phone once its in the remote or am I doing something wrong...
also do you turn off anything with your phone while flying? like can someone still call while your in mid-flight?

Reactions: guest1231
I've had the same issue with the home button. Just have to get in the habit of opening go before I put the phone in the cradle.

And yes put your phone in airplane mode. It's very unnerving when you get a call and your mavic is airborne.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: rcheli9
ipad mini fits?

It does but I bought a mount that makes things a lot nicer to use.
e6003d857a2b4a6db958c22e67896473.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Just enable assistive touch in the accessibility settings. Then when it's in the controller you can use the virtual home button along with the volume buttons if you program it. Also if you have iPhone 6s Plus or higher all you have to do it force touch the icon and it acts as home button. Program your home button to enable assistive touch easily and quick upon a triple click. Icon stays on top of every application and is movable. Icon looks like this.
b63b9ad9e2650a486fbb35a6f23302b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: jamiemink
Last edited:
Assistive touch is great but the whole point is to be able to log in with your fingerprint if you lock your phone

You can also do this: click the home button then click it a 2nd time, the passcode screen will come up and you can just put in your passcode to unlock the phone.

Reactions: F6Rider
Yes -- unless you put your phone in airplane mode.

Yes I have received calls during flight. Meh... just cancelled finished my flight called them back. No problem

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Not really, I do it all the tIme just takes a fingertip, UPS

Anyone find it hard to unlock the phone once its in the remote or am I doing something wrong...
also do you turn off anything with your phone while flying? like can someone still call while your in mid-flight?
It's DJI's nasty little surprise that comes with a $1500 invoice for a Mavic and accessories. I'm baffled as to DJI's ethical lapse in not being upfront about this issue or providing a workaround. Yes, you can open Go before launch, but losing the phone's functions is unacceptable, while the mount market for a 9" iPad Pro adapter is rather primitive. Most are big, clunky and rob the Mavic of its miniaturized portability in the field. DJI's trust factor has plummeted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78