DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home insurance paid up for my lost mavic at last

Ian in London

Reactions
So after a month of waiting, my home insurance sent me a cheque for my lost Mavic!

Bye Bye Mavic - How to lose it in 5 easy steps... (and how not to)

I had a ' Personal Possessions - all risks ' element on my home policy covering all possessions anywhere outside the home for things like jewellery and cameras.

I claimed for a "high definition video camera quad copter" and they treated it just like losing a DSLR camera and paid up! So that's put a smile on my face to say the least
smile.gif

Had already bought a new Mavic and as a real bonus, the insurance even covered the cost of a the DJI Care Refresh policy on the new Mavic (I couldn't claim on the old Mavic's Refresh Care policy as I couldn't produce and send off the drone body as I never found it.....)

So, for UK flyers at least, it's probably worth paying the extra £50 or so for Personal Possessions on your home insurance...

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: gavcuk and Lelantos
wow thats great! I'm covered with M&S home insurance and have ' Personal Possessions - all risks ' as well so need to contact them to see if i would be covered too... who are you with?

wow thats great! I'm covered with M&S home insurance and have ' Personal Possessions - all risks ' as well so need to contact them to see if i would be covered too... who are you with?
I'm with a company called Ageas. It's not a main stream company as I live in a 300 yr old house but the principle is key here... Personal possessions and emphasise the camera..... :)

Ageas are just about the biggest name in general insurance but you don't hear their name so much as it is behind lots of other names like supermarket chains or post office etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki