DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lipo safety.. I lost it all. Please read.

YEP I CAN RELATE i HAVE IT ALL IN A MOTOR HOME AND BUILD AND REPAIER DRONES HERE IN THE SOUTHWEST i HAD A FRIEND JUST THE OTHER DAY LOSE IT ALL TO FIRE , AND FIRE IS RUDE DAM ID LIKE TO HELP SHOE STRING LIVINING NOW DAYS EVERYTHING GOING UP EXCEPT MY SSC BUT THE DRONE BUSINESS JUST KEEPS ON GOING SO FAR

A bit confusing... To be clear, all DJI drones use lithium-ion chemistry batteries, and all are DJI's Intelligent Battery design with their well-tested, reliable BMS.

Except on a strictly pedantic level, this is false. DJI uses a mix of LiPo and Li-Ion batteries (the only Li-Ion battery I can think of offhand is the Avata). I mean, techincally LiPos are "lithium ion" batteries in the sense that they use lithium, but they are not the same as Li-Ion batteries.

Except on a strictly pedantic level, this is false. DJI uses a mix of LiPo and Li-Ion batteries (the only Li-Ion battery I can think of offhand is the Avata).

Uhhh... Lipos are lithium ion batteries. I.e. "lithium ion chemistry", as I said. The manner in which they store and release energy by moving and storing lithium ions between anode and cathode are the same. So on a strictly pedantic level it's true.

Uhhh... Lipos are lithium ion batteries. I.e. "lithium ion chemistry", as I said. The manner in which they store and release energy by moving and storing lithium ions between anode and cathode are the same. So on a strictly pedantic level it's true.

Uhhh... that's exactly what I said. What you said is true strictly on a pedantic level.

But saying Li-Pos and Li-Ion batteries are the same is like saying toilet paper and copier paper are the same thing because they are both made out of cellulose fibers.

@BobaFut, please look at your post #22 where you quoted me, said what you quoted was false. Explain precisely what in my text that you quoted is false.

@BobaFut, please look at your post #22 where you quoted me, said what you quoted was false. Explain precisely what in my text that you quoted is false.
Because your post implies, through a very narrow use of the term "li-ion" (you say: "all DJI drones use lithium-ion chemistry batteries") that all of DJI's batteries are Li-Ion batteries. But there is a distinct difference between lithium-ion batteries and lithium-polymer batteries (similar chemical processes involved but they are built completely different and have different power delivery characteristics), and DJI uses lithium polymer batteries on many (most?) of its drones. In the common usage of the terms Li-Ion and Li-Po, your post is not correct.

Because your post implies, through a very narrow use of the term "li-ion" (you say: "all DJI drones use lithium-ion chemistry batteries") that all of DJI's batteries are Li-Ion batteries. But there is a distinct difference between lithium-ion batteries and lithium-polymer batteries (similar chemical processes involved but they are built completely different and have different power delivery characteristics), and DJI uses lithium polymer batteries on many (most?) of its drones. In the common usage of the terms Li-Ion and Li-Po, your post is not correct.

Hmmm... so are you saying Lithium Polymer batteries are not Lithium Ion chemistry? Please educate me as to what chemical process is occurring in a Lithium Polymer battery to store and release energy, and how it differs from a Li-ion battery. I thought it was the exact same chemical process taking place in both.

I'm sincerely very interested.

Hmmm... so are you saying Lithium Polymer batteries are not Lithium Ion chemistry? Please educate me as to what chemical process is occurring in a Lithium Polymer battery to store and release energy, and how it differs from a Li-ion battery. I thought it was the exact same chemical process taking place in both.

I'm sincerely very interested.
I tire of the pointless bickering, so I did the simple search for you.

Reactions: okw
Bickering is being told you're wrong, and defending your claim when you believe your correct?

Okay. I guess I was wrong for something it is believe I implied. What complete BS.

****.. Leave it to the goood old forums. I share a tragic event that happened to me and hoped to raise al little awareness or somehtng, and now my post is a argument over the differences in lithium battedies.... Awesome.

Reactions: okw and Dusty DJI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078