DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon is tilted

Hayabusa

Reactions
how do I manually adjust the camera? I did the calibration but it is still just slightly tilted. I ran into another Mavic pilot today and he said he went into the settings and was able to adjust to level out.
He couldn’t remember exactly where he found it though.
Is this possible?
Thanks
Mike

look for this thread.. good info!
"6 Hidden Features DJI GO 4 App"
shows how to level on the fly

You all rock!
I was so worried that Dronecrooks/Dronenerds messed that up.
Thanks again
Mike

Many times the tilted horizon will happen mid-flight after a yaw. The easiest way I've found is to hold down the C2 button on the controllers back side and roll the right ISO dial up or down to straighten it. It's easier than opening the gimbal roll adjustment window.

Can this be done while on but not flying?

Mike

Can this be done while on but not flying?

Mike

Yes. I do a gimbal autocalibration on a level surface on the ground during preflight, then if the horizon becomes tilted during flight, I adjust as mentioned above.

If you have been doing a calibration on a level surface when on but not flying, and the gimbal is not level, then you will need to adjust it as above during flight.

Yes. I do a gimbal autocalibration on a level surface on the ground during preflight, then if the horizon becomes tilted during flight, I adjust as mentioned above.

If you have been doing a calibration on a level surface when on but not flying, and the gimbal is not level, then you will need to adjust it as above during flight.

I tried but didn’t work. I did do via the app. But now that I read your post again, I realize I was using the gimbal tilt wheel and not ISO wheel.
Please don’t tell me c2/tilt wheel = unit self destruct! Lol
Thanks again
Mike

The image WILL be tilted slightly every time you fly sideways. Most of the time, it is not noticeable, but if you are flying some place where the horizon is flat (e.g. the beach/ocean) then it will become sorely apparent. When this happens, first correct it by flying sideways the opposite direction very briefly. Forward or backward may work as well. If it the image is still tilted, then consider adjusting the camera roll.

The image WILL be tilted slightly every time you fly sideways. Most of the time, it is not noticeable, but if you are flying some place where the horizon is flat (e.g. the beach/ocean) then it will become sorely apparent. When this happens, first correct it by flying sideways the opposite direction very briefly. Forward or backward may work as well. If it the image is still tilted, then consider adjusting the camera roll.

If you are rolling left or right and your image is tilted, why not just manually correct it with C2 and ISO dial instead of waiting to roll the opposite direction and having to redo the shot? A well functioning gimbal will adjust to the aircraft attitude and keep level during the shot. If it doesnt, then adjustment is necessary. Sometimes after a roll or yaw, the gimbal takes a while to find level again.

C2 and ISO dial only takes 3secondsThumbswayup

Reactions: Former Member
Many times the tilted horizon will happen mid-flight after a yaw. The easiest way I've found is to hold down the C2 button on the controllers back side and roll the right ISO dial up or down to straighten it. It's easier than opening the gimbal roll adjustment window.
Are you using an iPhone, or Android?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki