DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horror story from the newest drone owner in Alpharetta GA

Cougar

Reactions
Greetings everyone!

First time flyer, I picked Mavic because it's awesome. The day I bought it, I was flying it outside my home and a neighbor asked me to photo is house. I had been flying for about 2 hours and felt comfortable enough to use the "point of interest" auto pilot.

Well as you can imagine, it side crashed into trees. In fact it got stuck in the tiptop of the highest pine in the neighborhood.

Tied a rope to a tennis ball, used a water ballon launcher slingshot, got a rope on the branch and tugged it free. It fell a good 60 feet and landed perfectly in a firemans blanket (you know like when someone jumps off a building in the movies). Can down in one piece, the props were a little dinged up.
As far as I can tell, the drone works well. I replaced the props also.

Anyway, I learned a valuable lesson, at least I hope I did!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Wow....glad the Mavic is in one piece. I am also in the Alpharetta area and have a Mavic myself. Where do you fly it or plan on flying it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Cougar
Wow....glad the Mavic is in one piece. I am also in the Alpharetta area and have a Mavic myself. Where do you fly it or plan on flying it?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I actually am looking forward to finding out from you guys where are good sites to go.

I have a boat on lake Lanier that I'll fry from, also I will use it for vacations.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

Nice save by the way. :)

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan