DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hospital

I'm a retired physician. Do you think the OP meant Electrocardiogram? I ask this because Echocardiograms can't diagnose blocked arteries. AN ECG/EKG/Electrocardiogram can give some idea of the blocked arteries location, if that's what this OP has. An echocardiogram is going to look at the heart valves and if there is any problems with the blood's flow through the chambers of the heart, NOT the blood flow to the heart muscle itself. He would need a CT angiogram for that.

If it was an echocardiogram and they thought he needed emergent hospitalization, the only COMMON things I can think of for this is if it showed an ascending thoracic aneurysm, or acute or severe chronic heart failure.
A stress echocardiogram is used to diagnose blocked cardiac arteries. An agiogram will show where to place the stent.

A stress echocardiogram is used to diagnose blocked cardiac arteries. An agiogram will show where to place the stent.
He didn't say he had a stress echo. But your right. If indeed it was a stress echo, It will definitely show if he has coronary artery disease. Just not which artery exactly. And your right. The angiogram will find which artery it is and where to stint it.

Finding CAD on a stress echo is a good thing, in a way. It gives the patient and doctor the benefit of early detection and less urgency. More time can be taken to perform an angiogram and get the stint placed. Immediate hospitalization isn't the norm. The patient can be sent home on medication and schedule a stent placement later. Well, sooner than later, if it were me.

Reactions: Torque
My prayers are with the OP. Whatever tests you had, let the doctors and nurses do their jobs.

Reactions: Torque and WShade
I'm a retired physician. Do you think the OP meant Electrocardiogram? I ask this because Echocardiograms can't diagnose blocked arteries. AN ECG/EKG/Electrocardiogram can give some idea of the blocked arteries location, if that's what this OP has. An echocardiogram is going to look at the heart valves and if there is any problems with the blood's flow through the chambers of the heart, NOT the blood flow to the heart muscle itself. He would need a CT angiogram for that.

If it was an echocardiogram and they thought he needed emergent hospitalization, the only COMMON things I can think of for this is if it showed an ascending thoracic aneurysm, or acute or severe chronic heart failure.
🙏🙏

Hi I'm still hospital at Derby ,I'm waiting on transfer to Nottingham for surgery on Heart valves .not looking forward to.that I'm a bag of nerves keith

Reactions: Torque