DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hot and humid weather

siwady

Reactions
Is it safe to fly the Mavic and really hot weather and high humidity?

113 degrees Fahrenheit and around 70% humidity?

What are the limits the Mavic can handle?

DJI says dont fly the Mavic in excess of 95°, but if you do, here are some tips.

I have flown the Mavic on an 88° day and everything was within tolerances after flying 18 minutes in sport mode at full throttle.

Be mindful of the battery temperature in DJI Go during the flight. You should never allow it to get hotter than 135-140° or it couild "puff" your battery and then it will be destroyed.

The internal electronics of the Mavic are cooled with a powerful fan that circulates air out through the bottom of the Mavic, so those usually dont get hotter than the rest of the Mavic and will stay under 120°. Your final concern should be the propulsion motor temperatures, which when flying will probably not be a factor as long as they dont exceed around 140°.

When I fly in those extreme temps, I always bring my temp gun and check temps before and after the flight to make sure nothing is overheating. After I land, I temp the battery top and bottom, temp the tray under the battery, temp the motors, and finally check the battery temp in DJI Go.

Last edited:
Reactions: siwady
DJI says dont fly the Mavic in excess of 95°, but if you do, here are some tips.

I have flown the Mavic on an 88° day and everything was within tolerances after flying 18 minutes in sport mode at full throttle.

Be mindful of the battery temperature in DJI Go during the flight. You should never allow it to get hotter than 135-140° or it couild "puff" your battery and then it will be destroyed.

The internal electronics of the Mavic are cooled with a powerful fan that circulates air out through the bottom of the Mavic, so those usually dont get hotter than the rest of the Mavic and will stay under 120°. Your final concern should be the propulsion motor temperatures, which when flying will probably not be a factor as long as they dont exceed around 140°.

When I fly in those extreme temps, I always bring my temp gun and check temps before and after the flight to make sure nothing is overheating. After I land, I temp the battery top and bottom, temp the tray under the battery, temp the motors, and finally check the battery temp in DJI Go.
Thanks a lot Thunderdrones [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998