DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

House Bill 305 set to pass, unread. Read attached info and send attached letter to your Senators

Grtday

Reactions
There is a YouTube link discussing how vague and far-reaching this bill, set to pass this week, truly was.
1200 pages that no Legislator will bother to read, that could certainly affect us and new hobby. (Remember the Obamacare debacle?)
Please view the video or at least, read the attached article from the Houston Comical discussing how this bill will impact our freedom to fly!
Please share this Email with any other drone flyers you know and post to the various drone boards.
Thanks and fly cheerfully!
Ron

Below is a letter to send to your respective Senators and a link to where to send it!

Find Your Representatives - Common Cause

Dear Senator (Insert the name of YOURS) ,

I am studying and will soon to be licensed UAV Drone Pilot.

The bill H.R. 302 before the Senate this week represents a bill which enables the FAA to seize the property of drone pilots without due process or oversight. The language within it does not adequately define the conditions under which the FAA. Law enforcement, or other governmental officials can intercept, seize, or destroy the property of an individual drone owner. It stands in direct conflict to the 4th amendment of the Constitution: “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

While I entirely support sensible legislation to protect and coordinate the airspace to provide for efficient use and the safety of all, this bill provides an open door for abuse and unjustified action by the FAA, law enforcement, or any other governmental officials

I urge you to vote against passage of this bill.

Sincerely,

(Your name, address, phone, and email.)

Attachments

• Chronicle Drones.pdf
    376.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
There is a YouTube link discussing how vague and far-reaching this bill, set to pass this week, truly was.
1200 pages that no Legislator will bother to read, that could certainly affect us and new hobby. (Remember the Obamacare debacle?)
Please view the video or at least, read the attached article from the Houston Comical discussing how this bill will impact our freedom to fly!
Please share this Email with any other drone flyers you know and post to the various drone boards.
Thanks and fly cheerfully!
Ron

Below is a letter to send to your respective Senators:
Dear Senator (Insert the name of YOURS) ,

I am studying and will soon to be licensed UAV Drone Pilot.

The bill H.R. 302 before the Senate this week represents a bill which enables the FAA to seize the property of drone pilots without due process or oversight. The language within it does not adequately define the conditions under which the FAA. Law enforcement, or other governmental officials can intercept, seize, or destroy the property of an individual drone owner. It stands in direct conflict to the 4th amendment of the Constitution: “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

While I entirely support sensible legislation to protect and coordinate the airspace to provide for efficient use and the safety of all, this bill provides an open door for abuse and unjustified action by the FAA, law enforcement, or any other governmental officials

I urge you to vote against passage of this bill.

Sincerely,

(Your name, address, phone, and email.)
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas