DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hovering issues (video)

Looks perfectly normal given the conditions - try it in daylight, there is should be rock steady.

According to the user manual, the Downward Vision System consists of BOTH the camera and sonar sensors. In low light, visual assistance is going to be marginal, especially in low light over a non-descript driveway. Downward Vision System is only used between .3 and 13 meters.
HFMan is correct, pg 22 and 23 of the manual.
Regards,
-d.

Although I am surprised it wasn't holding better vertical positioning... the sonar sensors should have been able to keep it a bit more steady. Perhaps without good correlating information from the cameras, the sonar sensors alone are not good enough on their own (or the slope of the driveway had an influence).

Although I am surprised it wasn't holding better vertical positioning... the sonar sensors should have been able to keep it a bit more steady. Perhaps without good correlating information from the cameras, the sonar sensors alone are not good enough on their own (or the slope of the driveway had an influence).
I'm pretty sure the sonar sensors are primarily for determining if the ground is safe to land on. For example if the sonar sounds bounce off on an angled platform, the sonar wouldn't get a response. The drone then knows it can't land there despite the VPS saying there is ground below it. Same goes for snow. From personal experience when I tried to land in snow, a thin layer of course, it wouldn't let me. The snow was likely scattering the sound waves, and not returning them as truly solid objects would.

Ok guys, I flew the bird during the daytime at the same spot and noticed that the hovering is a lot better. Thanks

Reactions: Slayerstwin
...and someone to bring up page 22 & 23 in the manual and common sense to fly and test in daylight. [emoji39]

Thanks guys, I like connecting with other pilots and gaining some knowledge collectively which is what this forum is for right? You are always gonna have those "read the manual" or "google it" type responses but that's ever my forum lol

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d