DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hovering question....... please dont laugh

Funny thread. Assuming you can launch cleanly off the back, keep up with the ship and ambient wind and hand catch for a landing, you should be fine. Oh except the steal hull and superstructure will confuse the compass which controls yaw so you’ll probs loose the drone, if you even take off.

Can you explain this?
I'm having trouble trying to imagine how that helps.
Meta,
With GPS enabled as I would power into the bed of the truck the MP would never glide smoothly to a truck matching speed. As soon as I let off the throttle to try and coast into the bed losing altitude it would just stop (brake quickly) and try to maintain the coordinates at throttle stop. This was frustrating to me. As an RC sail plane pilot I needed it to glide smoothly into its intended spot while keeping up with or slightly gaining on the truck bed.
As soon as I started trying in atti mode it was simple to achieve but nerve wracking in the process. Gain slightly more speed than the truck while making a nice glide slope into the bed, release throttle and full down left stick....plop, kill motors. It landed nicely. In atti mode when I released the throttle it continued to move forward but slowed instead of trying to stop on a GPS location. Something I thought would be a problem but didn't happen was the turbulance created by the truck. I guess we just weren't moving fast enough for it to bother the MP. I have NO intentions of trying to launch from a moving vehicle....!

Meta,
With GPS enabled as I would power into the bed of the truck the MP would never glide smoothly to a truck matching speed. ...
OK ... you meant that you land in atti mode rather than fly in atti mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez