DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get videos and photos off my new Air 3?

KenG

Reactions
I've had an Air 2 for a couple years and when I want to move videos to the computer I remove the SD card from the drone, place it in my Mac and my photo library lets me download my work to the computer.

When I try that on my new Air 3, it says there are no videos or photos. I can view all of the work on the controller (RC 2). I've learned I can use the "Quick file transfer" to download one file at a time to my mobile device but plugging the SD card from the drone into the computer is what I would like to do.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
Ken

Reactions: Paul Harvey
The aircraft may be set to record to the internal storage instead of the SD card.

When I try that on my new Air 3, it says there are no videos or photos.

What am I doing wrong?
You are using a Mac computer and accepting what their default program tells you.
The images and videos are there on your SD card but the Mac isn't showing them.
Try using Finder to see and transfer your files.

Reactions: Krrr and GadgetGuy
I've had an Air 2 for a couple years and when I want to move videos to the computer I remove the SD card from the drone, place it in my Mac and my photo library lets me download my work to the computer.

When I try that on my new Air 3, it says there are no videos or photos. I can view all of the work on the controller (RC 2). I've learned I can use the "Quick file transfer" to download one file at a time to my mobile device but plugging the SD card from the drone into the computer is what I would like to do.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
Ken
I think it's to do with the new file naming function DJI have introduced. Had the same issue with my Mini 4 Pro and iPad. I had to find them via the files app rather than the photo app. There may be a better way round it but this is a start at least.

Sorry. I've been out of town but all of the methods suggested from you guys work. The video's and photos are on the SD card. Thank you very much. I just wrongly assumed the way I had been getting files off the SD card on the Air 2 would be same for the Air 3. Thanks so much for everyone's help.

I have another question concerning getting the files off of the SD card on the Air 3. I'm putting the SD card in a card reader on into my iMac and using finder to view all of the files. The photos have one file but the videos have 3. The MP4 file is the video and the other two are .SRT and .LRF

Do I need to move these other two files into photos along with the MP4 file and what are they for?

I have another question concerning getting the files off of the SD card on the Air 3. I'm putting the SD card in a card reader on into my iMac and using finder to view all of the files. The photos have one file but the videos have 3. The MP4 file is the video and the other two are .SRT and .LRF

Do I need to move these other two files into photos along with the MP4 file and what are they for?
You only need the MP4s.

.LRFs are “low resolution files,“ and are helpful for showing previews, but are not needed. Apparently, as someone else here wrote somewhere, you can use them as ready-made proxies in Premiere and Final Cut Pro and save yourself a lot of time. (If you don’t know what a proxy is, don’t worry about it – it means you have not filled your head with as much useless stuff as I have.)

The .SRT file is a subtitle track that contains an unbelievable amount of information about what your drone is doing every second it’s in the air.

I have not found a way to make .SRT files useful yet, but I haven’t spent a lot of time with them, either.

Reactions: monchan
You only need the MP4s.

.LRFs are “low resolution files,“ and are helpful for showing previews, but are not needed. Apparently, as someone else here wrote somewhere, you can use them as ready-made proxies in Premiere and Final Cut Pro and save yourself a lot of time. (If you don’t know what a proxy is, don’t worry about it – it means you have not filled your head with as much useless stuff as I have.)

The .SRT file is a subtitle track that contains an unbelievable amount of information about what your drone is doing every second it’s in the air.

I have not found a way to make .SRT files useful yet, but I haven’t spent a lot of time with them, either.

Understood. Thank you.

Ken

Reactions: Thmoore
.SRT files are the associated subtitle files which contain the data for elevation, time and other data. If you play the MP4 video with VLC media player it will add the SRT information to the playing video as long as the SRT file is in the same folder.

.SRT files are the associated subtitle files which contain the data for elevation, time and other data. If you play the MP4 video with VLC media player it will add the SRT information to the playing video as long as the SRT file is in the same folder.
oooh, I'll give that a try, thank you!

The fastest and simplest way to get your files is to pop the sd card, put it in a USB adapter and put that in your computer.
First thing I tried. Nothing. Shows the old files from an old Air 2, but no the new ones. I have a PNY U3 V30 Card - 128GB. Is this not compatible? Do I need a V60 or 90 and is the V60 good enough? Thanks

First thing I tried. Nothing. Shows the old files from an old Air 2, but no the new ones. I have a PNY U3 V30 Card - 128GB. Is this not compatible?
Maybe it is, maybe not.
The only way to tell would be to buy another card that's known to work and try that.
Do I need a V60 or 90 and is the V60 good enough? Thanks

A genuine V30 card should be plenty fast enough.

The pictures can't be seen on the "album" tab, but can be seen on the Flight Data Center on the RC2. The files are unavailable on my Mac either through the USBC or inserting the card directly into the computer. This is crazy

The pictures can't be seen on the "album" tab, but can be seen on the Flight Data Center on the RC2. The files are unavailable on my Mac either through the USBC or inserting the card directly into the computer. This is crazy
So is it a real issue, or just one of those dopey fake issues caused by the Mac computer?
How is it if you use a Windows machine?

Reactions: mobilehomer

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
Ken
Have you tried reformatting the card while in the aircraft ?

This is a Mac problem - no problem under Linux or Windows.
On the official DJI forum, they have a solution for Mac users : open Disk Utility to enable your card !
I cannot confirm, as I'm using Linux.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne